News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: For Tapatalk Users Only  (Read 885 times)

SilverCrown

• Administrator
For Tapatalk Users Only
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
This message ONLY applies to those members who are using Tapatalk to access TTB from mobile devices.

I just received notice that Tapatalk is testing monetizing their service and sharing the revenue with forum owners. As you know, I refuse to accept any kind of payment or gifts for making TTB available. I am not certain if and how Tapatalk's new testing will work out but should they move to a monetized paradigm, and if there is no way around it, I will be seeking a new method of providing mobile access to our members. I refuse to allow advertising in any form to be associated with The Timeless Beauty.

Tapatalk indicated they will keep forum administrators apprised as they go forward and I should be made aware if they decide to monetize their service. But, just in case, if you encounter any advertising while using Tapatalk to access TTB please let me know at once.

Thank you.
-SilverCrown

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: For Tapatalk Users Only
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »
Hi SC.  I use Tapatalk, but don't really like how everything is laid out.  I think I"ll browse TTB on Safari from now on when I'm on my iPhone. Gonna see how that works out.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:34:20 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, ILuvLucy. :)

I have Tapatalk on my Kindle tablet but much prefer the Silk browser. Unfortunately I don't have a smartphone but I suspect TTB may not be as user friendly on iPhones and others. Any additional feedback is appreciated.
-SilverCrown

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
I use Tapatalk probably a few times per week to access TTB and other forums.  I will let you know if I notice ads.  I like the app, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if I needed to access TTB on my phone using a different app. 
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
Quick Update:

Apparently I am not the only forum owner/administrator to object to monetizing her forum via Tapatalk ads. I received a notice today that included a link to instructions to turn off monetization of TTB.

I believe we are in the clear on this now but should anyone see any ads, please let me know. Thanks. :)
-SilverCrown

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »
I'm glad that you and those other owners spoke up about it.  We appreciate you all sticking up for us!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce