News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Rules for Posting Links  (Read 1509 times)

Canie

• Administrator
Rules for Posting Links
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »
Beauties -

First, we want to stress that The Timeless Beauty is not meant to be a vehicle for advertising products or services. This is important to us for the integrity of the forum and will always be our primary concern.

In the past, we have allowed members to post links only as they related to the content of a topic and only when the member was not associated with the company in any way. That policy will continue unchanged. We do recognize, however, that we have talented and industrious members who also happen to have business ventures. We want these members to have the opportunity to inform us of their work; therefore, we have decided to allow them to link their sites.

Anyone who wishes to post a URL here, please read and continue to abide by the following rules:

1. Members may not post any links until they have accumulated at least 10 posts. This is to prevent link dropping and is subject only to rare administrative exceptions. Once a member reaches the minimum 10 posts, she may add links to unaffiliated sites within her own posts where appropriate.

2. Members in good standing (in this case, having 10 posts) may place a URL for their own blog or site in their Signature Line and/or Forum Profile. Please do not link to your own commercial site anywhere else on The Timeless Beauty. 

3. Beauty Bloggers and Beauty Forum Owners are welcome to provide a link to the home page of their blog or forum along with a brief description, regardless of total number of accumulated posts, in I Have a Beauty Blog or Forum!. If an administrator (SilverCrown or Canie) determines that a blog or forum is primarily intended for selling goods or services, the entire topic will be removed. Also, if a blog or forum is not updated on a periodic basis, the post and link will be removed.

4. Beauty Bloggers and Beauty Forum Owners must also adhere to the guidelines provided by this post.

5. Members who do not abide by these rules may be deleted without advance notice.

Thank you.
SilverCrown and Canie
Co-Administrators
-Canie

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Re: Rules for Posting Links
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:20:32 AM »
Beauties,

There has been some concern about posting links to The Timeless Beauty so I thought I'd draw everyone's attention to Canie's excellent post about when and where links are appropriate and why we have these rules. If you have any questions about whether you can include a link in your post or profile, please read this post.

If you still have questions please send me a PM and I'll be happy to answer them.

Warm regards,
SilverCrown
Co-Administrator
-SilverCrown