News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Image size limit  (Read 867 times)

Esthy

• Bronze Member
Image size limit
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:32:09 AM »
Hello there, I find myself longing to share my latest beauty faves with the lovely ladies here, but unable to upload my pics because the image is too large. Also, unlike on M/U,I might dare to do a FOTD here, but I can't upload pics! Any way that the image size for uploading can be expanded? Thanks very much!
  • Complexion: very fair, NW10ish
  • Eyes: blue
  • Hair: blond, straight, sad
I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals.
Brigitte Bardot

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Re: Image size limit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
The size limits on images are in place so that members with slower connections don't have to wait forever for images to load and to minimize bandwidth used by TTB, not to mention storage space.

If you Google "photo resizer" you will find sites where you can resize your pictures online and download the resized pictured to your computer and also free software that you can download to your computer so that you can resize your pictures locally.

I played around with the first online result that I received, www.picresize.com, and it seemed to be fairly straightforward and easy to use. If you look closely, in the bottom left corner is an option to do multiple pictures at once. There is a place to specify maximum size; our maximum size is 1500KB. This is just one of many sites that offer resizing for free that I happened to try.

You can also use download.cnet.com to search for photo resizing software to download to your computer. There you can specify whether you are using a Mac or a PC and also select for only free results.

If you encounter problems with this process please let me know. I'm happy to help.
-SilverCrown

Esthy

• Bronze Member
Re: Image size limit
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »
TY, I will check out photo resizing on google.
  • Complexion: very fair, NW10ish
  • Eyes: blue
  • Hair: blond, straight, sad
I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals.
Brigitte Bardot