News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Emoticons  (Read 831 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Emoticons
« on: October 23, 2013, 02:55:39 PM »
Not a problem - just something I recently noticed:
When I use IE, the emoticons are not animated, however they are when I use Chrome.  I've been away for awhile, so this might be old news, or might be just on my computer.  I don't know if I'm up to date on IE versions.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Re: Emoticons
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 03:12:05 PM »
I tried Internet Explorer 10 and the animated emoticons were quite lively. I seldom use IE so can't say whether earlier versions were different in that regard. I kind of doubt it, to be honest. You may have an IE setting that prevents the animation though I'm not familiar enough with IE to tell you where to look. Perhaps one of our forum gurus will have something to offer. :)
-SilverCrown

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »
I wonder if there could be a setting you need to check.  Try this:  Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Scroll down to Multimedia and see if Play Animations in Web Pages is marked.  If that doesn't help, I will look elsewhere for you.
-Canie

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »
I wonder if there could be a setting you need to check.  Try this:  Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Scroll down to Multimedia and see if Play Animations in Web Pages is marked.  If that doesn't help, I will look elsewhere for you.
That was it!  Thanks, Canie. 
I wonder how that got turned off?  Oh well.
I wish all my "problems" were such as this.  :lol:
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:58 PM »
I wish all my "problems" were such as this.  :lol:
And if they were, I would be pleased to solve them for you. :)
-Canie