News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: It's that time of year again.....Give me your favorite soup recipe(s) please!  (Read 2547 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Been pretty chilly here in the northeast, so time for me to start making some nice cold weather "warm me up type" foods.  For some reason, I don't mind all the work of making a good soup, and have been trying to make some each (though not quite each!) weekend.
I'm definitely going to try MJ's Peasant soup.  I have in my rotation...chicken noodle soup, pasta fagioli, and a mexican style soup with black beans, corn, etc. 
I'd love to hear about some tried and true recipes you might have.  :knife & fork:
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

LemonMyrtle

• Platinum Member
  • Hello Possums!
Hi Lucy:

One of my favourites is any variation of a Lamb, Barley and Vegetable Soup.

If you'd like to try it, I suggest you browse some recipes and pick one you like, but most soup recipes are only suggestions, aren't they, and we can substitute or add as many vegetables as we please.

Another soup I just love is a simple, classic, thick and warming Pumpkin Soup. I use both bread and a spoon to scoop it up.

I'm coming into salad season :)
  • Eyes: Hazel
  • Hair: Grey
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Yes - definitely the barley one sounds perfect! The Pumpkin soup would be different for us, but is probably easy, so I'm determined to give something like that a try.  :)

I'm coming into salad season :)
I'm jealous.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Swest

• Platinum Member
I would love to get into making my own. What I would love is a good slightly well seasoned pea soup  recipe  and a hearty tortilla soup (thick red tomato base).   Something that could be done w/a crock pot would be great since I am away from home most weekdays.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:30:56 PM by Swest »
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

newdawn

There hasn't been much activity on this thread, but I tried this kale and white bean recipe from Epicurious on the weekend and found it fantastic. I usually make a big batch of soup to take with me to work during the week. I know it's almost spring... but soup season is all year round for me.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/kale-and-white-bean-soup-106153

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Hi newdawn!  Just wanted to give you a warm welcome!  I'm glad you found us!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

newdawn

Thanks so much, SusieQ! I'm really happy to be here.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Welcome, Newdawn and thank you for the recipe. This is the kind of food I love! At the moment the weather is very good here; today we have been basking in 25˚ Celsius (77Fahrenheit), so kale and bean soup will not be on the menu. When it gets colder (as it will) I am sure I will try it!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Thanks so much, SusieQ! I'm really happy to be here.
Yay!  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves