News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: BookBub  (Read 898 times)

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
BookBub
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:53:33 PM »
Has anyone heard of or tried this service for e-readers?  I thought it might be good for my mom, but not sure.  Apparently it is free to join.  You get a daily email with limited-time free and discounted eBooks matching your interests.  It works with all major devices and stores. 

I can't find a flaw -- can you?

http://www.bookbub.com/landers/index2.php?source=cp_mypoints
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: BookBub
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:50:43 AM »
So far I can't find a flaw and I already found at least one book (free) that interests me. I suspect I might have found the same books via a daily email I get from Amazon though I'm not sure it lists the free books. At any rate, it's a nice presentation and I like that I can choose to see books that interest me.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »
Like Styyna mentioned. It may be similar to Amazon. They have free books and you can also some books.  But, from what I've read, people like it and those signed up to Amazon have another avenue to free books. Can you withdraw your membership anytime?
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 06:08:30 PM »

I found a free book that caught my eye and tried to download it. I have a Kindle app on my computer that I downloaded from Amazon, but when I went to look for my selection it was nt there. I tried Amazon Cloud player that seemed to work.  I now just starting the first few chapters. They give you usually 3 choices where to down load the book to whatever app you have (Amazon, Apple and another choice which may be random app depending on your selection. ) . Long time Amazon customer.  So far the Cloud player seems to work on my computer. They also have low price selections as well.

Thank you.  Im sick so stuck at home this weekend.

Has anyone heard of or tried this service for e-readers?  I thought it might be good for my mom, but not sure.  Apparently it is free to join.  You get a daily email with limited-time free and discounted eBooks matching your interests.  It works with all major devices and stores. 

I can't find a flaw -- can you?

http://www.bookbub.com/landers/index2.php?source=cp_mypoints
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »
Oh, I hope you feel better soon, Swest. It's sooo cold out now.  Keep warm.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves