News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: How to get back on my feet  (Read 2113 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: How to get back on my feet
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »
I am lucky that I did not have to go to hospital (my husband told me that, at one point, he really thought that I had to go). I feel that I have turned the corner now, I just wish I did not feel so weak. I am eating well and sleeping a little better.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 12:35:21 PM »
It will take time for your strength and energy to return after such a serious illness - keep eating well and resting as you need to, as in not overdoing things. In due time, your strength will return and you'll be out walking and doing some yoga once more!:) Take care!:)

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
Also, try not to expect too much of yourself right away.  Many of us have a hard time giving ourselves permission to take things slowly when we need to! 
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
How are you doing, Milla? Hopefully, better! Are you eating lots of veg & fruit and quality proteins, I remember you like fish?
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
I am fine, thank you Anne. Yes, I love fish. We have had very high winds in the UK lately and there is not a great variety of fish available at the moment. But it is half-term and I am going to the south  Spain for a week. I am looking forward to a nice paella and some fried boquerones (anxovies!!)

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 03:25:40 AM »
I am happy to hear you are well! Very pleased for you re:Spain. I´m sure it is just what the doctor ordered - good food, relaxation, more sunshine than you´d have in Britain, etc!  :)
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

Luella

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »
It is often so hard to recover from things like this.  Lots of rest will do you wonders, and fluids will greatly help you as well. I pray that you are feeling better soon, it is no fun to feel in the dumps like that.