News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Problems with Internet Explorer  (Read 2065 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Problems with Internet Explorer
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:44:13 AM »
Any site (not just TTB) I open in this browser appears very tiny.  This just started last week, and I don't know what I did to precipitate this. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?  This isn't happening when I use Chrome, but I like to use IE too.
Thanks!
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Re: Problems with Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
If it started Tuesday or Wednesday of last week is might be the result of an automatic Windows update which generally includes updates to Internet Explorer IIRC. I'm swamped with work right now but I'll see if I can find some time to look into this later today. Meanwhile, perhaps one of our other bright beauties will have a suggestion for you. :)

I think it's unrelated but I am having difficulty loading TTB in Chrome this morning. That is part of the work to which I referred above. I will be checking with our host to see if they have made a change on the server that is causing my problem.
-SilverCrown

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:27:46 AM »
I have one suggestion to start...if you right-click on the Internet Explorer icon and then go down to Properties you will see a drop-down menu for Run.  Make sure you have Normal Window selected and not Minimized.  Let us know if this is not the solution!
-Canie

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:16:56 AM »
Hi Canie,
It's set at "normal window". Thanks for the suggestion though.
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 11:45:23 AM »
I'm guessing that you mean everything about the sites you open is tiny and not just the text. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm running version 11 of Internet Explorer with no idea of what version you are using obviously. Assuming the version you are running is similar, here's something to try.

In the upper right corner is a gear icon for the Tools menu. Look at that menu and be sure that the Zoom is set to 100% (or whatever you prefer).

There is also the tried and true restart method. Whenever my computer does something out of the ordinary that's the first thing I do and most often that fixes the problem for me.
-SilverCrown

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »
Yes! Thank you - that was it!  :grin:
Somehow it was set at 75%.  I don't know why because I didn't change it.