News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Sherlock  (Read 2203 times)

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Sherlock
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 01:40:28 AM »
I am so happy you like it!  I just think it is fascinating.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »
We watched Season 2 and tried to watch season 3 thru Amazon but they wanted money per episode sooooo DH went and bought season 3.  We finished watching it over a week ago and while I was cleaning the house last Saturday, I watched the 3rd season again. LOVE, LOVE IT! I can't believe that it may take another two years for Season 4. I won't make it!  Love all characters.  Mrs. Hudson is just plain precious! 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Serena12

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 06:31:46 AM »
I absolutely love this show as well. There is something about him that just really makes you feel that he is truly that emotionally clueless yet absolutely brilliant man. The only complaint I had with this season is that they assumed that I would remember who everyone was right from the get-go. If the show is off the air for more than a year you are going to have to remind me who everyone is people!

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 01:59:40 PM »
Serena12 - I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I am happy you enjoy the show.  A lot of us who are Sherlock fans go back all the way to reading the books as kids and watching all of Sherlock's incarnations.  Memorable actors have been Basil Rathbone, Peter Cushing, and Christopher Lee in films and the fabulous Jeremy Brett on TV.  We know all the usual characters and recognize the plots.

Trust me: Once you become a dyed-in-the-wool Sherlock devotée you will remember who everyone is. :wink:

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »
I just went to finish watching season 1 on Amazon, but it's not available anymore.  :cry:
Unless I'm doing something wrong.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 10:42:02 AM »
I checked and I think you are right, unfortunately.  It is still available on Netflix, if that is any help. :(

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 04:48:38 PM »
Thanks, LIsty.  I don't have Netflix.  But maybe I should consider it.  I can get all 3 seasons on DVD from my library.  I really liked the convenience of watching whenever I wanted though through Amazon.
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »
I just came across this website:
"CanIStream.It is a free service created by Urban Pixels that allows you to search across the most popular streaming, rental, and purchase services to find where a movie (or tv program) is available. "
Enter in the name of the program or movie in the search box, & it will tell you if it is available to watch via streaming.  www.canistreamit.com

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 12:33:43 PM »
Now that looks handy!  I would like being notified when something I want becomes available, instead of endlessly checking back to see.  Thanks! :)