News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Best/Favorite Dry Shampoo?  (Read 1648 times)

AllisonRyan

Best/Favorite Dry Shampoo?
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »
I've been using the Suave one, but my fiance hates the smell!  Does anyone have any other recommendations?

LemonMyrtle

• Platinum Member
  • Hello Possums!
Re: Best/Favorite Dry Shampoo?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
Batiste dry shampoo has a range of scents, I believe. I have one at work I occasionally use for a freshen-up. Not sure which fragrance it is but it isn't too objectionable and does a good job.

Klorane has a good name. I used it many years ago so can't remember what the fragrance was like but I don't have a memory of disliking it. I think it's quite faint.

I'm currently using the original Lee Stafford, which is sprayed on the roots and just rubbed away with fingertips but I have a feeling the scent won't agree with your fiance. I like it because it keeps my hair shiny.

Ooh, I've just found a link for you! (Seems using Lee Stafford makes me a "hip 16-year-old" although I'm using "for oily roots" not "poker straight"). Anyway, it may be helpful. I didn't know there were so many variations on a theme:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beauty/article-1350883/Sales-dry-shampoo-rocketing--YOU-buy.html
  • Eyes: Hazel
  • Hair: Grey
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »
Tresemme has one that my DD sometimes uses.  I don't recall how the scent is though.  Also, I just read about a new one from Herbal Essence that might be nice.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Serena12

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 06:27:00 AM »
There are two dry shampoos that I swear by. I love the Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat MilkEnamel and the Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo. The Lush is the best smelling dry smampoo I have ever tried in my life and the Klorane really does not leave your hair feeling flaky as I think most dry shampoos tend to do.

newdawn

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 07:23:45 AM »
I use Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo. Quite a nice one!

easternhair

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 05:44:26 AM »
Batiste dry shampoo has a range of scents, I believe. I have one at work I occasionally use for a freshen-up. Not sure which fragrance it is but it isn't too objectionable and does a good job.

Klorane has a good name. I used it many years ago so can't remember what the fragrance was like but I don't have a memory of disliking it. I think it's quite faint.

I'm currently using the original Lee Stafford, which is sprayed on the roots and just rubbed away with fingertips but I have a feeling the scent won't agree with your fiance. I like it because it keeps my hair shiny.

Ooh, I've just found a link for you! (Seems using Lee Stafford makes me a "hip 16-year-old" although I'm using "for oily roots" not "poker straight"). Anyway, it may be helpful. I didn't know there were so many variations on a theme:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beauty/article-1350883/Sales-dry-shampoo-rocketing--YOU-buy.html

you can also make you own dre hair shampoo

cornstarch
baking soda
cocoa powder - just make sure it's unsweetened! Sweetened cocoa powder will turn your hair into a sticky mess.
a paper funnel
a container to store it in
measuring spoons
I've also heard of people adding essential oils to the mix

Julie

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 07:32:46 AM »
Oh gosh forget making your own dry shampoo, i dont have time to comb my hair let alone make my own dry shampoo haha. I use and have been using the Baptiste dry shampoo, does the job well and my partner thinks i have washed my hair every time i use it so its a win win all round. Its also super cheap which is what we are all after. Here is a link if you have not heard of it
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TB00DK2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00TB00DK2&linkCode=as2&tag=zaapcosmetics-20&linkId=H4XL7T2OOZ6A33JN

Jennn

• Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 02:12:40 AM »
Usually I use dry shampoo when I need to quickly freshen up when my roots are oily (it happens to me only summer in warm weather ) Of course, dry shampoo can not replace washing your hair , but it helps especially in moments when rushing or my hair is not in good condition. I use Batiste dry shampoo too. 
I have come across three of the varieties of Batiste, but they may be more.

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 04:55:09 AM »
Interesting! I've wanted to try a dry shampoo for a long time, but am afraid the scent would be too powerful. My hair is very fine and will easily look limp. I usually wash it every other day, but the second day the roots are a bit oily already. Now I wonder about the dry shampoo! Which one would you say has the most neutral / non-existing scent? (Of course, it might not be even available over here, but still.)
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 07:18:39 PM »
Tresemme makes one for curly hair that is a lightweight mousse rather than a spray. You massage it on your scalp and hair then use a towel to dry as much as you can. It leaves your hair feeling and smelling very clean. I see no reason other hair types couldn't use it as it's quite lightweight.Bonus:it's cheap!!
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 01:50:11 AM »
I have never used dry shampoo! Doesn’t it leave a residue in your hair?

angela001

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 12:09:00 PM »
Batiste XXL for volume is the best product I've used... And i tried a bunch of them.. It doesn't leave any residue, and it actually lasts more than a day..

eeemm

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 11:56:25 AM »
I have been using klorane for yearssssss! But I think i should try the Batiste XXL. Definitely don't mind the extra volume if it really work as promised.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 05:29:08 AM »
Just popping into this topic to say: Welcome Eeemm! :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 02:49:08 AM »
A very warm welcome Eeemm. I have never used dry shampoo in my life. Am I missing something?