News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Best/Favorite Dry Shampoo?  (Read 2371 times)

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Best/Favorite Dry Shampoo?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 10:32:02 AM »
@milla: I've never used it either. Seems like dry shampoo is geared for people with oilier hair types, who want to get another day or two's hair before a real washing. either that, or people who can't shampoo their hair yet(like after certain medical procedures)and want to feel half-way human. Never have had a day of oily hair in my whole life, not even as a teen.

Amelia Brown

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »
When dry shampoos appeared on the store shelves I was really happy as my hair is oily and I have to wash it almost every morning. But I should say that a dry shampoo can't replace a shampoo as it doesn't cleanse the scalp. Actually, recently I have read the article about pros and cons of a dry shampoo using on https://therighthairstyles.com/dry-shampoos-secrets/. The best thing I found there was a DIY recipe of  a dry shampoo that everyone can easily make at home. I tried the one for those with light hair and I was pleased with the result. I use it from time to time, but in general I prefer wash my hair with shampoo.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 04:07:35 AM »
My hair is a bit on the dry side now, and since I have chosen not to colour it, I try to reduce the amount of product that I use in my hair to ensure that it stays as shiny as possible. Can I show off just a tiny bit? Lately I have actually got a few compliments on my grey hair. It seems that grey is trendy now  :)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 04:49:59 AM »
Milla, your hair is perfect on you! I've seen it in your pictures and I love it so I'm not surprised you've been complimented by others. You have a good cut and length and that helps but, yes, it seems that gray is fashionable. You're practically a style icon these days with your great hair, fab figure, beautiful face, and incredible fashion sense! Work it!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
Wow, I am going to get so big-headed I won't fit in my doorway! thank you for the compliments, you are very kind.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »
You are welcome and deserving. :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart