News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: RIP L'Wren Scott  (Read 1022 times)

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
RIP L'Wren Scott
« on: March 19, 2014, 06:27:22 PM »
So sad! Here she was a talented, refined fashion designer to meet her end in such a way a couple of days ago. I'm sure we'll never know everything behind this, but it's being bandied about that L'Wren Scott was some $6-million in debt, and that she was about to close her business as a result. How deeply embarrassing this must have been for her with a failing business, despite being surrounded by celebrities, etc. Mick Jagger had helped her out on any number of occasions, but she was also a very proud independent woman who didn't want to ask him for help either. Plus the fact that both of their work kept them apart many times, even on different continents. None of this could have been easy. Meanwhile the man, while no angel himself as far as his reputation with women, is devastated by the sudden loss of his long-term girl fiend. The death is currently being investigated as a suicide but the reports aren't in yet.

SusanG

• Platinum Member
Re: RIP L'Wren Scott
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
The report is in now. The medical examiner in New York has ruled it a suicide.

So sad to think she could find no other way out.
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:45:14 PM »
Very sad indeed. Mick Jagger is said to be devastated.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
@SusanG and @milla: - indeed on both counts. L'Wren did really look like a bright light in her own right and such beautiful clothes! It is said that she knew how to make a woman feel and look like a million bucks and knew an astounding amount of traditional dressmaking techniques that aren't often seen these days. But I do know that the fashion business is a tough one, as when I was young I worked on the edges of it as a printed fabric designer until I got burned out on both the industry and NYC. But back to the topic - so often, it's the most talented and beautiful that are hiding darkness of one sort or another. Again, we won't know. As it is, associates and clients are deeply shocked and heart-broken, not to mention her man. Supposedly Mick Jagger has arrived in Los Angeles on his way back to NYC and at least some of his adult children are joining him to start the sad process of arranging the funeral. Whatever one might think, on a human level to deal with funeral arrangements due to a sudden death while one is still in shock has to be one of life's hardest tasks. Even if one has people around one, as people in the public eye do. I know this for a fact - my aunt had to go through herself, a couple of times.. At least with a long illness relatives know the end is coming but even then it's still hard.
Usually I don't follow a lot of celebrity stories, but there's something about this one that's haunting. A beautiful soul driven to suicide, and those of us of a certain vintage basically grew up with the Rolling Stones music and were fans even though we knew they were bad boys LOL! But they're certainly not alone in that respect in the music biz.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 12:52:08 AM »
I know that Michelle Obama wore some of her gowns.  I assumed she was very successful, branching out into shoes, handbags, a makeup collection with Lancome, a perfume.  Even with a high amount of debt it might have been possible to come back.  I wonder why she saw no way out for herself?  It truly is a tragic end for such a life as hers was.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
Depression is a liar. It tells you you're worthless, a waste of space, and people would be better off without you. It's tremendously difficult to see past that, to realize it's the disease talking. It's not the truth. And for anyone going through this -- famous or not -- putting on a cheerful, "normal" public face is enervating.

We'll never know what was happening in L'Wren Scott's mind in the moments before her death. But her pain is over now.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 12:28:30 PM »
Well said, SusanG.  It is too easy to look at someone who seemingly has it all and wonder why they were unhappy.  I am going to remember your words when I find myself falling into that trap.

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »
I know whereof I speak, as you may have gathered.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 12:02:29 AM »
All the more reason I should pay close attention to your words, dear. They have the sound of truth in them.  Thank you for enlightening me. :)