News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Oyedo: Truly, madly, deeply  (Read 733 times)

christinedenice

• Gold Member
Oyedo: Truly, madly, deeply
« on: April 04, 2014, 02:55:06 PM »
I have fallen head-over-heels in love with Oyedo!

Curious about Tom Ford's Neroli, I stopped by the fragrance counter last week to test it, and found it not quite what I was looking for. The sales associate suggested Diptyque's Neroli, and that wasn't it, either. Then, she sprayed me with Oyedo. Hummm... wasn't sure...wanted to wear it for a bit...left the store.

By the time I'd reached my car, I was hooked, but I didn't turn around and buy it. Instead, went home and obsessively sniffed my wrist until there was no trace of the scent left (it lasted about four hours). The next day, I returned to the store and bought a bottle.

To me, Oyedo smells like orange soda or orange candy, sharp iris, and thyme. It takes me immediately to the garden of the house we lived in when I was four or five years old, whereI loved to smell the iris and tulips that bloomed in the late spring. It makes me so happy, I can't even describe it adequately.  :cloudnine:

Thank you, Thanna and Foo Dog for suggesting this awesome fragrance when we were discussing orange and other citrus fragrances last fall.
  • Complexion: NW30-35, thin dry skin
  • Eyes: Blue-gray/aqua-gold
  • Hair: Dark blonde with light highlights, fine, thin
"If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams, and you will always look lovely." -- Roald Dahl

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Oyedo: Truly, madly, deeply
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »
Ohh, my dear!  Isn't it wonderful when you find exactly what you wanted?  Something so perfect that you wouldn't change a thing.  Now you stay on guard for rumors of it being discontinued, so you can stockpile your precious in time.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:28:19 AM »
I'm so happy for you. That must be an indescribable feeling to find a scent that is so perfect and brings back such wonderful memories.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »
That sounds lovely, Christine!  It's soo true that when you fall in-love with a product, they somehow know, and breaks your heart down the road. 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves