News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: a very very silly event  (Read 499 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
a very very silly event
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:39:16 AM »
Saturday, apparently,  was 'International Pillow fight Day' .... I watched from the steps of the national Gallery. I thought it was great fun but DH said that it was the perfect occasion for a terrorist attack. Maybe. That's why there were policemen everywhere. Why can't we just have some fun? Why can't we just have some fun and not worry about these things.?

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: a very very silly event
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:26:47 AM »
Why can't we just have some fun? Why can't we just have some fun and not worry about these things.?

I'm glad to see that all those people took part in that fun event and, apparently, didn't worry about those things.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:31:39 PM »
There were  samba bands too! I have just spoken to my daughter on Skype and she told me that 'her'  samba band (which she joined when she was at University) was playing at the event!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 11:03:37 PM »
How fun, milla.  Your DD playing at the event!  How cool was that!! 

There was a similar event in SF, maybe last year or the year before. I was going to see it but it was after work and I had to pick my son from the daycare. Then, I forgot all about it the next day.

• Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:26:56 AM »
She was not playing,  but  her friends were! DD is in Belgium at the moment and she is expecting her first baby...in June!