News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Does anyone else NOT wear nail polish?  (Read 2889 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Does anyone else NOT wear nail polish?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
Oh and I picked up a few mini Cover Girl shimmer colors-to wear special occasions-they are kind of dark. I spent so much time in the cosmetic aisle checking out new m/u and skin care the young SA was giving me the side eye.  :eek:
Going wild here!
:rofl: 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »
Oh and I picked up a few mini Cover Girl shimmer colors-to wear special occasions-they are kind of dark. I spent so much time in the cosmetic aisle checking out new m/u and skin care the young SA was giving me the side eye.  :eek:

*No, no SA, really Im not going to shoplift. :eek: Its been so long since I ve done any serious drugstore m/u hauls!* :P
Going wild here!
:rofl:
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 07:59:03 AM »
My DS is going to get married one of these days and I've already decided to splurge on a gel mani for the occasion. I'm actually going to have it done a few days in advance so that my nails look pretty for the groom's dinner, too.

I've never had a gel mani, just regular and acrylic. The acrylic made a mess of my nails but I removed it myself and didn't know what I was doing. I will be much more informed and careful about removing the gel.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

chataround

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

I rarely wear anything more than clear nail polish, and that's not often.
Today I went for my second manicure EVER! They had hundreds of Esse brand polish to choose from
and I chose red.
   I can't stop looking at my nails! They look wonderful- so glossy, like the exterior of a new sports car, lol.
For a measly $10 bucks and $5 tip and 30 minutes I feel willing to upkeep them.

• Complexion: very fair, some slight rosacea
  • Eyes: hazel
  • Hair: slightly wavy, shoulder length, soft black
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
                   - Rosalind Russell

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
Thats great Chataround! 

Sigh bought two more shades. I tried my first Essie polish yesterday, a nice summery coral. Sunday Funday.  I usually pass Essie by, since most of their shades look too light to my eye.

Little backstory:

The only one left in the store (Ulta) and the SA at first refused to sell to me because she said the price was coming up as .01? I was also informed that it was discontinued '' (So what do they do with their discontinued stuff?)  But it s the only one I want.'' It was the only shade of pink - slight orange coral I wanted in that store. I offered to pay full price, so she rang it up and now the proud owner of the last Sunday Funday at my local Ulta. :P

I rarely wear anything more than clear nail polish, and that's not often.
Today I went for my second manicure EVER! They had hundreds of Esse brand polish to choose from
and I chose red.
   I can't stop looking at my nails! They look wonderful- so glossy, like the exterior of a new sports car, lol.
For a measly $10 bucks and $5 tip and 30 minutes I feel willing to upkeep them.

• Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown