News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: 8)Trick to do when you wake up to help lose weight  (Read 1075 times)

mctrader07

• "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder"
8)Trick to do when you wake up to help lose weight
« on: April 20, 2014, 06:47:20 AM »
There are many diets and exercises to choose from to lose weight. When trying to lose weight and dieting the main concept is to factor around one thing and that is your metabolism.

Metabolism is what converts your food into energy or stores this food into fat. I did a research and found that the metabolism is at its slowest before going to bed, during sleep, and upon waking up.

"(TheNest.com healthy eatting) After a full night of sleeping, your metabolism is moving at its slowest rate when you first wake up. However, you can take some steps to increase your metabolism throughout the day but especially in the morning by drinking two classes of water."

"(WebMD) Despite the fact that most diets call for drinking at least eight, 8-ounce glasses of water a day, few studies have been done to determine if the practice actually speeds weight loss. In an effort to answer this question, Michael Boschmann, MD, and colleagues from Berlin's Franz-Volhard Clinical Research Center tracked energy expenditures among seven men and seven women. After drinking approximately 17 ounces of water, the subjects' metabolic rates -- or the rate at which calories are burned -- increased by 30% for both men and women. The increases occurred within 10 minutes of water consumption and reached a maximum after about 30 to 40 minutes."
Upon waking up in the morning drink two eight ounce glasses of cold water when you wake up and this will put the jump start on your metabolism to help you lose weight.
  • Complexion: pale
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: light brown

denverly

• Bronze Member
Re: 8)Trick to do when you wake up to help lose weight
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
I agree that drinking water is a great way to start a healthy day. It can stimulate metabolism and encourage overall wellness for the body. There are people who just can't drink as soon as they wake up but we should practice it even if our goal is to lose weight or not.

NewRomantic

Re: 8)Trick to do when you wake up to help lose weight
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »
Drinking water with lemon or apple cider vinegar.
Please check out my blog Beauty, Fitness & Health...Oh My!
http://reviewingforu.blogspot.ca/