News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 55899 times)

kblack

• Bronze Member
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »
castell,

I've sampled Possets and like what I tried, but she came out at a time when I was pretty saturated with websites with creative and lengthy descriptions. Might be time for a re-visit  :)

Kathryn
Rules for Success in Life:
Show up
Listen
Tell the truth
Let go of the outcome

ontariogirl

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
;D Hi all Im from the UK (the only one so far I think) and Im a 41 year old married mum of two teenage boys.I love makeup and skincare and I know I have way too much and that I'll never use it up but its my only guilty pleasure and I have no other vices  lol
I'm so pleased to see a site for us older ladies and I hope to make some new friends,I've made a few on MUA thru swapping and they're great girls  :) Looking forward to watching this site grow and develop.
  Oh welcome!!!!  I just love this board as well!  Its great to have someone from the UK! ....and will love watching women from all over the world finding this site!!  Isnt it great!!  ;D

Kelly

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 06:23:13 AM »
Yay! We have officially gone international by picking up another continent.  ;D

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 06:50:39 AM »
I find that picking up a continent is almost as good a workout as using a Nautilus machine  ;D
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 07:10:26 AM »
I find that picking up a continent is almost as good a workout as using a Nautilus machine  ;D

Lol, Cougar. Once we get Women of Color board we might actually tip the Earth's axis :)

Ontariogirl: I can't wait to meet the beauties from around the world, either! But hey, Canada counts, too! ♥♥♥
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

ontariogirl

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:24 AM »

Lol, Cougar. Once we get Women of Color board we might actually tip the Earth's axis :)

Ontariogirl: I can't wait to meet the beauties from around the world, either! But hey, Canada counts, too! ♥♥♥
  awww...yes Canada does count!!! LOL....I almost forget that I am from a different country as most of you! LOL  That is until I mail something to you and it costs me $20!!!

Kelly

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 01:20:46 PM »
awww...yes Canada does count!!! LOL....I almost forget that I am from a different country as most of you! LOL  That is until I mail something to you and it costs me $20!!!

Or the other way around! We get interrogated by the post office who wants to know exactly what is inside.  ;D

Kelly

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 01:29:48 PM »
Collecting was attractive for a while. Then I realized that for the cost of the ~60 MAC Pigments that I have, I could have a gorgeous leather arm chair for my den. I do love looking at the pigment display but I'd rather have an arm chair. :)

OMG how did I miss this post?

I so agree! I have fairly reasonable disposable income, and yet I sometimes wonder where it all goes.

Like you I have more or less gotten to the stage of asking myself it I want it or need it. There is very little makup I need, but so much that I want. And then I think about the new kitchen counter I want, or the wood floors or the addition upstairs. :D

Susanne

• Gold Member
  • Susanner @ MUA
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »

I'm new here and can't figure this format out but I'm from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.  Yay Canada!!  Would someone tell me if this is the correct way to post in a thread?  Feeling lost without MUA format :(

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
Ah, Susanne, keep at it girl.  Don't give up. Its really not that hard.  We want ya 'round here to chat with.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

Susanne

• Gold Member
  • Susanner @ MUA
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »
OK, I'm getting it....I think.  Setting my profile to show latest messages first really helps.  Thank you!!!

Kelly

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
Once you get the hang of this forum software you will ♥LOVE♥ it!

Susanne

• Gold Member
  • Susanner @ MUA
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 05:32:33 PM »
Once you get the hang of this forum software you will ♥LOVE♥ it!

I know you're right.....I just have to keep at it.  There are some features that are very nice.  TY!

ontariogirl

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »
Hi Susanne!  I am from MUA too and am also finding it different navigating around here. But I have to say I love the format already!  I like the idea that people are not just posting constantly for the sake of posting.  Here there are topics and since it is not really  * real time * most people take the time to consider their comments before they post .  It is fun here though isnt it?   ;D

Susanne

• Gold Member
  • Susanner @ MUA
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »
Hi Susanne!  I am from MUA too and am also finding it different navigating around here. But I have to say I love the format already!  I like the idea that people are not just posting constantly for the sake of posting.  Here there are topics and since it is not really  * real time * most people take the time to consider their comments before they post .  It is fun here though isnt it?   ;D

It is fun here but I'm still struggling with keeping track of the thread.  The nice thing is as I try to figure it out and post incorrectly there isn't any of that silly flaming and snottiness LOL.  I'll keep at it.  I love the topics and the people already so I will make it work.