News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: DIY Scented Bath Powder  (Read 941 times)

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
DIY Scented Bath Powder
« on: May 24, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »
This is the easiest, cheapest homemade beauty product I have ever tried. I didn't even have to buy anything to get started -- everything I needed was already on hand!  All it takes is a jar with a lid, a cotton ball, a box of cornstarch, and some perfume. That's it! I love the result, too.

How easy is it? Just spray the cotton ball until saturated. I think I did about 40 sprays. Put the cotton ball in the jar and pour cornstarch on top, making sure to leave some empty space. Screw on the lid and shake well. Let sit, shaking again a couple of times a day for a couple of days. This is not an exact science, as you can tell. Mine smelled good after the first day. (I got impatient.)

Now you have inexpensive bath powder to go with whatever perfume you wish and it has no added chemicals. How cool is that? Y'all need to try this for summer.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: DIY Scented Bath Powder
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 01:00:13 PM »
I still have bath powder left but as soon as it's gone I'm going to do this. What a great idea!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
I use a body powder every day in our (long) warm season, so it doesn't last long for me. Many scents don't even have a matching powder or else it is pretty expensive. This solution seems ideal to me, plus I prefer the feel of the cornstarch to that of the usual talc. Clean Body Veil was the only one I really loved.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »
Clean Body Veil is (I think) the bath powder that I still have to use up. Such a light, fresh scent. But I'd love to have powder to go with my seasonal fragrance, too.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »
What a great idea, Listy!  Thank you!  It's probably good for air freshner, too. I will try this tonight. :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 11:32:34 PM »
I hope you will report on your results, anyone who tries this tip. Next I want to try a fragrance oil on the cotton ball, and then I want to experiment with some layering of scents. Ah, the possibilities... :bliss: