News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Purchase diary feature?  (Read 1256 times)

Swest

• Platinum Member
Purchase diary feature?
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
Makeup diary feature with the option to keep totally private but also purchase to keep track of purchases?
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Re: Purchase diary feature?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:05:18 AM »
Great idea but off the top of my head I'm not sure how I'd do this. I'll give it some thought and do some research though.

I've long thought of writing a separate program to keep track of our stashes, including purchases, swaps, etc. I still haven't given up that idea but it would require months of intensive programming and help from my DH for some of it and so far I don't have his support since we see no way to monetize it. He has other potential income sources to program so obviously chooses to spend his time on those. If I had my way I'd write it and give it away but I suppose that's not practical, at least not until I no longer have to work.
-SilverCrown

Swest

• Platinum Member
Re: Purchase diary feature?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »
Thank you.  I was thinking about that too. I dont know much about programming either but realize it could be complicated. I sometimes get tired of having to switch between sites (I do have a diary at Mua but would like this to be the only site I use in the future). I realize I could do one myself but with computers well not being perfect, its easier to put it on a private one online.

Great idea but off the top of my head I'm not sure how I'd do this. I'll give it some thought and do some research though.

I've long thought of writing a separate program to keep track of our stashes, including purchases, swaps, etc. I still haven't given up that idea but it would require months of intensive programming and help from my DH for some of it and so far I don't have his support since we see no way to monetize it. He has other potential income sources to program so obviously chooses to spend his time on those. If I had my way I'd write it and give it away but I suppose that's not practical, at least not until I no longer have to work.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown