News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Calendar Added  (Read 1014 times)

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Calendar Added
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »
Beauties -

We added the Calendar feature tonight. It appears as a tab at the top of the page.

The default setting includes your birthdays if you have provided them in your profile. If I hear a big uproar about that I will change that setting.

Select Post Event to open a window that will look somewhat familiar but includes a couple new fields.

This is a great way to add sale dates because you will, in most cases, be creating a post to the appropriate board along with adding to the calendar.

A few tips:

1. Event Names need to be brief to fit on the calendar.

2. A link to your post will be created on the calendar.

3. You are asked to fill in the date. If the event you are posting is longer than 1 day, select the number of days it lasts. (This is rather a pain IMHO - I'd prefer to select the end date the same way I select the start date but we'll have to ride with the default for at least a while.)

4. Please don't forget, like I did in my test, to include all the pertinent details in your post. The post you create doesn't pick up the dates from the calendar, unfortunately.

Appropriate usage of the calendar include beauty-related sales and events likely to be of general interest to our members. Members outside the U.S. are welcome to include sales specific to your region but we ask that you indicate if that is the case by adding a country abbreviation to the Event Name.

I am also willing to entertain creative uses. One day I'd love to see a TTB Get-Together on there, for example. If you have an idea of a creative use for the calendar please let me know. This is one feature that we will grow into together.

We can tell that many of you are very busy right now and hope that you are having a wonderful holiday season. While so many of you are finding it harder to squeeze in time for TTB we are taking advantage of this little lull to implement a few things. Look for new features coming soon.
-SilverCrown

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
Re: Calendar Added
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:59:21 AM »
Oh lawsa merceh, you are too kewl!

This is fantastic.

XXX()()()XXX
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:00:44 PM »
So cool! Thanks, Styna!
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

ontariogirl

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:55:56 PM »
What a great idea! I love it!  Thankyou Silver Crown  ;D

castell

• Platinum Member
  • castell
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »
What a lovely feature!  Adds beautifully to the friendly atmosphere of TTB!
There are good days and there are bad days and this is one of them.