News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: New User and Need Help ?  (Read 845 times)

JessicaPjames

New User and Need Help ?
« on: December 05, 2014, 11:48:06 PM »
Hello friend
Hope All are Doing Great !!!
I am new in this community and want to discuss with you on hair removal issue.
I want o remove hair from my face (unwanted hair) so can you suggest me is hair removal from thread is the best solution or either go for Surgery.

Please suggest me some advice and any suggestion would be appreciated .

Thanks
Jessica
My beauty basics

• Complexion: fair
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Light brown

bestorganic

• Loving life and loving organic skincare
Re: New User and Need Help ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:57:04 AM »
electrolysis is the best way to permanently remove hair. Laser does not work! My sister is an electrologist and she is very knowledgeable on the subject. She has a website if you want to contact her. Just google Freedom Electrolysis and you should find her.
  • Complexion: oily and acne prone
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: brown

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:39:03 AM »
There is also a prescription cream that stops hair growth on the face. You have to use it "forever" though, otherwise the hair / fuzz will grow back. A friend got a prescription for some thick hairs growing on her chin that really bothered her. Do not know what the brand name would be in USA as I live in Finland. My friend had this habit of feeling her chin all the time, looking for the hairs. She also carried tweezers everywhere with her and tweezed every single day. (Is that a verb, even?) Sometimes she dug deep to catch hairs that were not long enough to tweeze yet. The cream was and is a godsent to her, I know.
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 08:45:43 AM »
Jessica, I know this is an old thread I'd very much like to know what you decided.  I know that in Singapore removal of facial hair, particularly eyebrows is usually done using the thread method, although it is a dying art nowadays.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak