News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Youtuber and blogger recommend  (Read 2211 times)

katz56

Youtuber and blogger recommend
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »
I don't know if she's been recommended on here, but I have been watching HotandFlashy on Youtube for weeks.  She is great and gives good information.  Hope you enjoy her.
  • Complexion: Fair, age spots, freckles, some wrinkles
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Ahh Colored - Brown now, naturally curly

Swest

• Platinum Member
Re: Youtuber and blogger recommend
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 12:41:16 AM »
Ive seen her but have not gotten too much into her videos. I like Emilynichole(?) she is younger (30s) but like watching her videos for makeup looks as she is a little more closer to my coloring.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 11:28:50 AM »
@Swest: do you mean emilynoel83 by any chance? I like her - one of the reasons is that she reviews a lot of drugstore makeup plus her enthusiasm is infectious!:) She wears a lot more makeup than I'd ever think of myself, but I still like her. I've seen a couple of the HotnFlashy videos - I'm sure there's some good stuff there but didn't get into her that much. Lisa Eldredge has good understated makeup tutorials, and from time to time I check in with Wayne Goss. He's too much!:) He does have some good tips though!:) As usual with YouTube stuff, there's a zillion others I'm sure LOL!
A blog that I follow for drugstore makeup reviews and alerts is the Nouveau Cheap one.:)

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
Yes I like her presentation and she gets to the point. Although shes much lighter skin tone than me,  we have similar beauty issues I think. I like the fact  does give drugstore products equal time as I maybe go to sephora once a year (holidays) to maybe treat myself.
I like Goss as he is entertaining. 

@Swest: do you mean emilynoel83 by any chance? I like her - one of the reasons is that she reviews a lot of drugstore makeup plus her enthusiasm is infectious!:) She wears a lot more makeup than I'd ever think of myself, but I still like her. I've seen a couple of the HotnFlashy videos - I'm sure there's some good stuff there but didn't get into her that much. Lisa Eldredge has good understated makeup tutorials, and from time to time I check in with Wayne Goss. He's too much!:) He does have some good tips though!:) As usual with YouTube stuff, there's a zillion others I'm sure LOL!
A blog that I follow for drugstore makeup reviews and alerts is the Nouveau Cheap one.:)

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 07:31:45 AM »
I'm just going to add a couple Ive stumbled upon I would not call them guru video bloggers but interesting each in their own way

Marla Robinson - down to earth lady and another I didnt think Id get in to
Lana indiana. More like 2 very different women blogging about their life. I think lana has a regular text blog. I'm really not much into 'gurus' .

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »

Lana indiana. More like 2 very different women blogging about their life. I think lana has a regular text blog. I'm really not much into 'gurus' .
I followed Lana from way back - she had a beauty channel. She used to be married to someone who was part owner(?) of a football team. Can't remember now. But, tragic struck and she lost her husband to cancer and her mom shortly.  I loved her and followed her thru her care for her husband and then she tweeted  about his last dying breath and I thought that was too personal, unkind and I didn't think that it was appropriate.  I thought of her as a glory hound and at the point and never followed her again.  I mean if she wrote a memoirs years and years later and talked about that moment but not during or shortly thereafter of his death.  I just thought that was over the line.  I lost respect.

I would catch her once in a blue moon and I know she's dating and post a lot of her awful dates.  Sorry - getting off my soap box now.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »
I realize that everyone deals with grief in their own way but tweeting about a loved one's last dying breath does seem over the top. Perhaps she relied on her readers for support during that time? Still, I'm with you and find that inappropriate. I wouldn't want my dying breath (or anything about my dying for that matter) broadcast in that manner.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 03:01:44 PM »
I really liked her too because of how she took care of her husband while he was going thru the treatment but when I read that, I was shocked.  It was so impersonal.  Yes, she may have wanted to support from her readers but she could have posted a video saying that she would not be available for a while due to the passing of her husband.  She would received my support.

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 08:06:58 AM »
Yes there was also an incident where some woman called her out about her blogging about it (husbands cant,death then the funeral) and what she wore to the funeral. Theres more but apparently this other woman was sort of taunting her and visiting the cemetery where her husband was buried and that started more drama. Lana found out through a friend who the person most likely was and this seems to be her M O.
thing this other woman implied she was either having an affair with Lanas husband . You will have to watch the  3 part video if you want the backstory too long too explain here but almost like a soap opera. Thee comments I be noticed are taken possibly for legal reasons. I think shes moved on from it and now planning to devote herself to some kind of work with neglected and abused children. I do think she is planning to eventually write a book about her experience as a child in the foster care system.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:54:05 AM by Swest »

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
I think that's why I followed her in the first place because she was in foster care system and how she made something of herself. I saw one of those videos but they then I was already moving away from her. I even started to think that it was something she probably made up to get more people to watch her. She just lost me completely.  :-\

gilberte

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »
Thanks for these!  I like Marla -- will look at her more later.  She looks real (a big compliment).  Lana ... wooo!  Not my style but I only watched 2 minutes of one of her vids, so I'm sure there is more there somewhere.   She's a hoot :-)  :-) 

I have never made a video and want to say that I admire anyone who has the courage to post their personal videos to the public!  I'm not trying to ridicule or criticize and love seeing people who try this. 

Angie at Hot and Flashy I continue to admire and see the marketers are moving in to profit from her.   She's using her New England flintiness well and continuing to define her game, criticizing big name products when they fail and using drug store stuff when it pleases her.  Go Angie!