News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: MUA finally got a 40+ board  (Read 3105 times)

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
MUA finally got a 40+ board
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:24:10 AM »
Come on over!:) Scroll down through the list of boards - it's toward the bottom. It's already very active, and obviously filled a great need. It started up over Christmas and is a huge success, as many people were getting tired of the snark and sometimes outright lack of sympathy for issues that many over-40s have. People were after the mods for years to put in a board for people over 40 and they finally did it - it's about time!:)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: MUA finally got a 40+ board
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »
It's not the same.......my friends are here.  :-\
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 04:48:40 PM »
It is a good thing, I will probably visit, but it won´t be the same. There are many things I wouldn´t dream of sharing on another board that I´ve shared here.
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

Daizy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »
How can I find this new board please?  Thank you.

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:24:46 PM »
I check the Owl Board every day, but nothing beats the intimate feel of our Timeless Beauty Board. We get to know each other on a more familiar scale here.
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
It's good news, but it is not for me...I don't think I will join it. It won't be like TTB (at least not for me).
If anyone wishes to keep in touch please PM me and I'll post you my e-mail. Meanwhile, all the very best to all of you, dear ladies!
xx

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 05:39:35 PM »
Actually, people are very open about talking about all kinds of stuff that they wouldn't dare do on the main boards - it's very different from those.
Most notably absent is the drama and snark that is on some of the other MUA boards.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 03:05:34 AM »
I'll have a look... :-\
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:50:08 AM by milla »

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »
Actually, people are very open about talking about all kinds of stuff that they wouldn't dare do on the main boards - it's very different from those.
Most notably absent is the drama and snark that is on some of the other MUA boards.

So far, anyway!  <fingers crossed>  The kids do post occasionally and try to stir things up...
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
I have had a look... it's ok, but not like TTB. TTB is like... having a coffee with a few good friends; the MUA 'Owls' board (why Owls, anyway?) is more like going to a big party, with people you don't really know very well... Some interesting posts,  but at the moment I do not feel inclined to join in. Might change my mind and I'll certainly have a look every now and then to see what is going on.
We had a good time here on TTB while it lasted and  goodbyes are always sad. This is me, saying 'good-bye'.
Once again, a big thank you to the lovely women who made this happen and all the very  best in the future. Who knows, we might meet somewhere, may be even  at MUA. And if we do, hopefully we will  smile and acknowledge one another, as 'old' friends.
xxxxxx

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
You will be miss you, milla!  It's really sad saying good bye to a friend and while it's virtual, I've come to count you as one my good friends.  Your input are so right on and you made me laugh, cry and think about many things. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.  When you walk thru a makeup counter, think of us because we are thinking of you.  :hug:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:42 PM »
I also had a look at the new board and I agree with many of you...not for me, I'm afraid. Everything you have said applies to me as well - I don't like the format with all categories crammed in together. I don't like that topics disappear as soon as a page rolls over. I don't like the need to flag the troll posts and have them removed. I even feel irritated at how young many of the members seem! How's that for crotchety??

I guess Ive been spoiled here. Anyone who wishes to stay in touch is also welcome to PM me for email contact.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »

I guess Ive been spoiled here. Anyone who wishes to stay in touch is also welcome to PM me for email contact.
Ditto! I'm sending you an PM, Listy!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

gilberte

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »
I've been really disappointed in the MUA 40+ board also.  For all the reasons you've listed above and also, there is something really dopey about many of the comments (sorry).  The fashion board is too conservative for me, the travel board is for people with expense accounts or who like cruises, neither which is me, makeup is mainly hoarders and young people showing off their multiple purchases, skin care board is absolutely nuts to me as they're superfantatical about following non-scientific beliefs which mainly lead to needing expensive products which just coincidentally one of them sells, and the others I don't ever read as I have no pets.  I liked the money board for years and still think it's the most grounded of the entire lot, but it's still too impersonal and I'm too bohemian in my values.  MUA revolves around buying and then buying more, and this is so antithetical to my belief system that I'm cruisin for a bruisin if I spend much time there. 

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »
It started off sort of OK and I thought so, but you guys are right.
And I'm right with gilberte about being bohemian too. Not too many of us seem to be these days, save for some of us older ones who were or still are either hippies, artists, etc., or a few young ones who are coming along. But the young bohemians are vastly outnumbered by the ultra-consumerist, totally-pile-on-the-makeup, polyester clothes wearing celebrity wannabes LOL. The "stashes" that some of the younger ones describe when there's a poll just blow my mind, like 100 lipsticks, or 500 bottles of nail polish. Since I never ever wear nail polish, it's inconceivable.