News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: My Latest Project  (Read 10945 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: My Latest Project
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
Ok, well this is my latest project. I'd like to get the brim a bit less rolled, but it's ok as is I guess. It looks little in the photo, but is adult size. The flower is pinned on.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

MJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »
Ok, well this is my latest project. I'd like to get the brim a bit less rolled, but it's ok as is I guess. It looks little in the photo, but is adult size. The flower is pinned on.

Very nice. I have never crocheted any clothing items, although I do have a pattern for fingerless mittens I want to try.  I mainly do afghans, prayer shawls, and Christmas ornaments.
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Natural curly, dark brown w / little gray

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 05:07:00 AM »

This is so cute! Love the colour, too.
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
What a charming hat! And that's a glorious color but, then, I love blues, all blues. Do tell, what colors do you wear it with?
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 10:40:05 PM »
OMG!  That is tooo cute for words!  You are soo talented, lady!  I love the color, too. I love the flower!  So, sooo cute!!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 05:10:58 PM »
Thank you for all the nice complements!  I'm not sure what I'll wear it with, Styyna.  It's cotton, so I was thinking of it for the spring/summer.  I imagine myself in a little sundress walking around the farmer's market wearing my cute little hat, but in reality I'll probably just end up wearing it while slogging around taking the dogs for a walk while sweating like nobody's business. LOL.  :lol:
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
Thank you for all the nice complements!  I'm not sure what I'll wear it with, Styyna.  It's cotton, so I was thinking of it for the spring/summer.  I imagine myself in a little sundress walking around the farmer's market wearing my cute little hat, but in reality I'll probably just end up wearing it while slogging around taking the dogs for a walk while sweating like nobody's business. LOL.  :lol:
Oohhhh...a white sundress with a bag with flowers and a loaf of bread sticking out.  You would be ever more cute!  You can slog nicely with the dog. A nice over sized sweater and leggings and your cute little hat walking the dog on a nice spring blue sky tinges with a few fluffy clouds and while flowers everywhere! 

MJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 09:28:32 AM »
Oohhhh...a white sundress with a bag with flowers and a loaf of bread sticking out.  You would be ever more cute!  You can slog nicely with the dog. A nice over sized sweater and leggings and your cute little hat walking the dog on a nice spring blue sky tinges with a few fluffy clouds and while flowers everywhere!

I agree!!
  • Hair: Natural curly, dark brown w / little gray

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 03:00:05 PM »
And I agree with MJ! SusieQ, you have a way with word pictures.
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 08:29:46 PM »
Our lovely Lucy, would look simply marvelous no matter what she wears!  Styyna, I think I've been listening/watching the Honest Guys videos. Sooo relaxing and calming... :meditate:

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »
Haha. You are too nice SusieQ!  :drool:

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 03:51:59 PM »
I made this little lady this week.   She hides in her little flower when she's feeling shy.  :)
 She stands about 4 1/2" tall when fully upright.

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 03:10:57 AM »
Awww. So cute, ILLucy!
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »
Thank you, SusanG.  I'm going to give her to my little 2-year old niece for Easter.   For some reason, I enjoy working on a project much more when I have a recipient in mind during the process.  :)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 07:48:16 AM »
She's darling, ILuvLucy! How clever and skillful you are!

Your niece will adore it because of its charm and its "action."

I know what you mean about enjoying projects more when you have a recipient in mind. Nearly all of my projects that are for me are languishing as WIPs (works in progress). Many projects that start out for me end up being for others. And then for Christmas I knitted up a storm for others. The trick is finding recipients who appreciate handmade gifts. So far I've lucked out!