News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: My Latest Project  (Read 10484 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: My Latest Project
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 07:50:23 PM »
OMG!  That's just the cutest thing, Lucy!  Wow!  Get out of town!  You are soo talented, little lady.  I can't wait to see what you are going to make next! :popcorn:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 11:45:00 AM »
 I have just seen this post. The hat and the doll are absolutely lovely, Lucy! So cute!

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 06:56:05 AM »
I finally finished this cross-body bag for a friend's birthday.  It's my first bag, & first time attempting a lining.  It took me awhile because I changed the design of the pattern some, and had to ask a lot of questions.  I made it a few rows taller and added the flap with button closure. 

I've become amazed at how inexpensively one can give a nice gift (if one has the time to create it!).  Apparently this color yarn (indigo) is being discontinued, because when I went to the check-out, it was only $0.77 each.  I went back & took the last remaining 3 balls from the shelf. It's a cotton yarn, & I'm positive I'll find more use for it.  The bag ended up using a bit more than one ball of yarn.    I found the perfect button amongst DD's beads/jewelry making supplies, & I had the small piece of fabric in my closet for the lining.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 03:21:03 PM »
That is so lovely and chic! and so well finished,  with the matching satin lining and the button. Where did you get the pattern?

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 05:46:20 PM »
Another WOW, lucy!!  What a thoughtful and just all around great gift!  You are so talented!

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 06:14:10 PM »
Thank you, Milla & SusieQ!  You are both so kind. :blush:   Milla, the pattern is by DROPS and I found it on Ravelry.

But I want to apologize for hijacking your post, SusieQ.  I just realized that I've gotten overly excited about my new hobby, & have taken over :-[:-[:-[.   I'm sorry, my friend!
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 10:54:40 PM »
But I want to apologize for hijacking your post, SusieQ.  I just realized that I've gotten overly excited about my new hobby, & have taken over :-[:-[:-[.   I'm sorry, my friend!
Stop, my dear friend!  It was meant to be for all of us and that's why it's not titled Susieq's latest project.   :wink: "My" means anyone here because we all have projects or things we made that we want to share with our dear friends.  :talk002: That's what friends do!  Please don't even think twice or apologies for showing us your creativeness. I truly love it!!

Show us more!  :cloudnine:

I've been so busy taking care of my sick orchids that I haven't done any knitting or crocheting.  :)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
 Thank you, SusieQ!  You are very kind - that's for sure.  Hopefully others will post as well.   :D  I always love to see what others are creating, & the whole process involved.   I'm currently attempting another summer hat, but my next project is going to be my first Market bag.  If there's anyone here with experience, I'd love some tips!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »
 :) I do hope other post their little diy. It can be anything from food to bird's nest.  :lol:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »
ILuvLucy - I love your bag. I'm totally impressed by how beautifully made it is and it's lined, too! Any you customized it. Go you! Soon you'll have your own Etsy shop and we can buy our accessories from you and say, "I knew her when..." :) Meanwhile, maybe you could publish your customized pattern and sell it on Ravelry.

The cotton yarn sounds like a very good deal. I don't have any shops nearby so order my yarn online. Typically I pay something like $3-5 per skein if I want pretty colors.

Apparently DD creates beautiful things, too? You mention her beads and jewelry making supplies. Has she shown any interest in crocheting?

Please keep sharing your projects!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

classicbooks

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2015, 08:22:01 PM »
ILuvLucy, I so love everything you made! I was doing some crocheting and did some very complicated afghans but burned out with it several years ago.  At the time I was wanting to get into knitting wolf socks and some other specialty items that are more complicated with the better yarns. But I was not feeling that well and found out couple years later I was getting hypothyroid and I totally lost all motivation to do anything and never picked it up again.  Seeing your creations is making me think about making something again

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »
Yay! Classic, we can't wait to see your lovely handy work.  :)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
Yay! Classic, we can't wait to see your lovely handy work.  :)
:shesaid:  That makes me so happy, Classic. 

I just finished another hat.  I modified the brim because I'm not happy with how the brim is rolling up in the first one.  Though I like the bright blue color of my first hat very much, I might get more use out of this neutral "Jute" color.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2015, 01:43:13 PM »
Fabulous hat and I agree that you'll probably get more use out of the neutral color! I can just see this on in you my mind's eye but I'd sure love to see a modeled picture of this hat. :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2015, 07:21:27 PM »
Fabulous hat and I agree that you'll probably get more use out of the neutral color! I can just see this on in you my mind's eye but I'd sure love to see a modeled picture of this hat. :)
:agreed:  Model it! Model it! :cheer: