News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Eye Makeup Remover?  (Read 5185 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Eye Makeup Remover?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »
First, :welcomepicture:  paintingrealism! I'm happy that you have found us!  I know that you will like it here.

Second, I'm glad that vaseline works for you!  There are still people out there that don't seem to understand that we are all different in our own way  and it's only logical to think that our skin will also be different.  :) 

Oh, well. That's what makes the world go round. :bearonice:

• Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 10:13:03 AM »
A second warm welcome to TTB, paintingrealism!

I'm happy for you that vaseline works so well. I've honestly never tried it so, based on your post, I'm going to give it a whirl!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

LilySmith

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2015, 03:41:35 AM »
I use Maybelline Eye and Lip Make Up Remover.
  • Eyes: blue
  • Hair: auburn, wavy

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »
Related to the idea of Vaseline as eye makeup remover, Aquaphor works too.:) Basically any oil-based thing will work - it all depends on what one's individual preference is. I'll be taking my Aquaphor while travelling for sure.:)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 09:32:02 PM »
I use Maybelline Eye and Lip Make Up Remover.
I just wanted to say,  :welcomepicture: LilySmith!  I'm really glad that you found us!

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »
Isehan KissMe Heroine Make - Mascara Remover to clean off even the most waterproof mascara.  Then Bioderma micellar water on eyelids.  I also use Shu Uemura cleansing oil on my face and work it onto my eyelids for a second cleanse.  I wear a lot of eye makeup in layers that last all day and these cleansing method cleans gently and without any panda eye residue.

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
Checking back to say I found my HG eye makeup remover - Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover - http://www.amazon.com/Mandom-BIFESTA-Eye-Makeup-Remover/dp/B005F2EVMQ

This is the most amazing remover, takes off my numerous coats of resilient waterproof, oilproof Japanese mascara in 10 seconds without irritating my eyes or pulling lashes.  I finally wake up with no traces of black smudges in the morning from the liner that creeps into my lashes and didn't 't get properly removed.

I found this when going to repurchase the Kiss Me remover mentioned in my earlier post but now no need!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2015, 02:15:47 PM »
Never heard of Bifesta before but it sounds great! Thanks for the tip, Denisiel. :)
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
It's nice that it's available on Amazaon.  I will need to check this one once I run out of the ones I have. Thanks, denisiel!

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
What's every using?  I really like the one Avon makes. But I'm down to my last tiny bit & it's a pain to order more.
ILL,are you aware you can order directly at Avon,com without a rep? I have done this several times and they send it to your door like any other internet purchase.

• Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

angela001

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »
Avon products weren't the best for me.. Maybe something duo-phase.. I used ZIAJA and Garnier, both duo phase, and it suits me.

JenniferJill

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2016, 01:41:46 PM »
I have used the Almay pads, coconut oil and Mary Kay makeup remover for my mascara and eyeliner.  The Almay pads are not working well for my new Mary Kay eyeliner.  Going to try the coconut oil next again but if I remember it left oily residue, so maybe going back to the Mary Kay as it didn't leave residue and worked well if I remember right.

Also tried my homemade (baby oil and tearless baby shampoo) mixture this morning and it didn't work for the eyeliner.
  • Complexion: Fair, somewhat dry.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Silver/Brunette, Curly/Wavy, Dry
I am 51.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »
I've on my 3rd bottle of the Garnier Micellar makeup remover and don't think I will be trying anything else but this one. I really like it a lot.

Juli Tejadilla

• Lover of beauty products
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »
Erno Laszlo products looks good to me.. i have used the same brand eye makeup remover which worked very well for me. It removes lip, eye and face make up while soothing and hydrating the skin. Hope it is recommended for all skin types.
  • Complexion: Fair
  • Hair: Straight Black Hair
Regards,
Juli Tejadila
Portland, OR

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2017, 09:12:38 AM »
Hi Juli and welcome! I'm unfamiliar with Erno Laszlo products. Which ones have you used and what did you like about them? (Friendly reminder - new members can't post links until they have 10 posts so your response should be text only. :) )