News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Wedding casual?  (Read 3879 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Wedding casual?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 11:11:08 PM »
 :lol:  Sounds like you have everything under control, Styyna!  Looking forward to hearing all about the big day!!!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

gilberte

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 01:56:58 PM »
I also like J. Jill and the pieces you've chosen sound wonderful for a wedding.  I also know what you mean about knitting.  When I'm stressed knitting can really keep me on track.  (There was something I read yesterday about how repetitive artistic actions, like painting details, are very, uh, healing & transcendent ... i'll try to find it.  It was a portrait of a Japanese artist.)  A long linen skirt and shell + shawl or cardigan sounds totally gorgeous. 

I realize the day may have been last Friday so I may be wishing you a great day belatedly but I hope everyone had a wonderful time and many years of happiness to the couple. 

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »
@gilberte: just replied to your comment on another thread here.:) I'm with you about the soothing effect of repetitive artistic actions. Currently I'm working on a digital mosaic project(based on one of my watercolors that involves rendering a lot of little tiles to make them appear more 3-dimensional. I'm an old knitter from way back but haven't touched it lately. I've been too stressed one way or another(too involved to get into here, and not due to outer life circumstances). Hoping to get back to it sometime...

gilberte

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 06:09:48 PM »
Sorry Stynna we're hijacking your thread!   Yayoi Kurasama is the Japanese artist I recently read about who heals through repetitive strokes, but I can't find the article.  She is in her 80s and says that painting repetitive patterns, such as polka dots, soothes the anxieties in her soul.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/52ab168a-4188-11e1-8c33-00144feab49a.html

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 08:42:47 PM »
Hijack away, gilberte. :)

I will mention that I felt completely at ease in my J Jill attire both days. I was comfortable and appropriately attired.

I applied my makeup for the wedding under trying circumstances in the hotel room. The bathroom lighting was terrible and I couldn't get close enough to the mirror to see what I was doing. So I ran back and forth between the bathroom and the natural light at the window with a compact mirror. It took an hour but I think I achieved the "me but better" look I desired. I used waterproof eyeliner and mascara and they didn't budge! I didn't even have to reline my eyes yesterday (the day after the wedding).
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
It sounds like the happy event went really well, Styyna.   :bliss:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves