News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Rowan sweater  (Read 679 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Rowan sweater
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:50:05 AM »
I am trying to go through my stash and I made this sweater in Rowan Creative Focus Worsted, colour Syrah. Quite pleased with it but I have to wear it over  a vest , as the yarn is a blend of wool and alpaca; it is very warm and cosy.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Rowan sweater
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 01:11:18 PM »
Oh my gosh! Now this is absolutely beautiful, Milla! Gorgeous color & fabulous needlework.  It just looks so professional & very soft and cozy too!   :lust:
I must learn how to knit.  Though I think it would take many years of practice to make anything quite like this.   Does something like that take a lot of yarn to make? About how long did it take you?
I bet it looks fabulous on you.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »
You are very talented on top of having such good taste, milla! Your sweater is beautiful and the color is lovely and certainly suits you. I can just see you in it, all cozy with a big smile.

What other treasures have you not yet shared with us? :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »
What a lovely sweater! The colour is rich, and the detailing is beautiful. You're such a talented lady!
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:06:54 AM »
Thank you for the compliments, as the Lion says in the Wizard of Oz: "Chucks folks I'm speechless" :lol: you are all so talented (just look at ILove Lucy's lovely crochet projects!)
If you look carefully you will see that I did not cast off in rib around the collar, which I should have done. It took me about a month to make this sweater and I bought 6  balls, 50g each.I have got almost a whole one left. I did not use a pattern, and worked out the decreases and increases from a knitting manual. I just wanted to do something with a fancy pattern, not too difficult.
At the moment I am finishing a little pink cardi for my ...dare I say it? ...granddaughter, who will be born in June! I am soooo excited. Praying  that everything will go well.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
You are very talented on top of having such good taste, milla! Your sweater is beautiful and the color is lovely and certainly suits you. I can just see you in it, all cozy with a big smile.

What other treasures have you not yet shared with us? :)
Gosh,  :shesaid:

I wish that I can knit something close to that. That's simply beautiful, milla! 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves