News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Spring/Easter Nail Design  (Read 1340 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Spring/Easter Nail Design
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:49:21 PM »
 I need to clean around the nails but I wanted to the picture before the daylight is gone for the day.  Happy Easter to you all!

I saw this on youtube - ellenadish, I think.  She's really good and  I need to find her again and bookmark it. I found it last night and before I forget the design, I went ahead and painted my nails. I'm quite certain her nails designs were much, much better but mine did turn out so bad.  :D

• Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Spring/Easter Nail Design
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 09:33:12 AM »
Your nails are perfect! How pretty and springish. :)

I have difficulty "coloring in the lines" on my nails so I'm lucky to have a good coat of solid color on mine. I admire your skills!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 11:15:44 AM »
I need to practice on my bows since I really like the look in the nails. In this case, the bow on the left looks so much better.  :lol:

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 03:20:40 AM »
So cute! I admire your originality and sense of fun. Happy Easter!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »
Happy Easter, ladies!

What's your Easter?  We are heading out to my MIL's for our annual celebration but this year, we are meeting my niece's boyfriend. Poor guy, we tend to be loud. I heard that he is very shy. But, if wants a lasting relationship with my niece, he will need to see the rest of the family.  :grin:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »
I hope you have a great time at Easter celebration, SusieQ, and that your niece's boyfriend overcomes his shyness enough to get to know your family. If they are anything like you, and I bet they are, he will miss out on a lot of fun if he doesn't come out of his shell.

DH and I are having a quiet day at home by ourselves. He spent a lot of time and energy cleaning out his side of our closet this morning and now is just settling down to take a little nap. That's good, though, since this time last week he could barely walk around the house.

I'm catching up on TTB and the Ravelry forums that I frequent and hoping to get some knitting in today as well as some laundry done.

It's a good day!
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 11:25:46 PM »
The boyfriend fitted in quite nicely. After an hour, it seems like he's been with the family a long time. He is a nice young man and I hope they stay together. After a nice dinner, we played Farkle.   Anyone familiar with this game?

The way we play it, it sounds like there are hundreds of people in the room. Lots of laughing and screaming, heckling and just lots of good old fun.  And, the boyfriend, Kain, fit right in! It was a nice evening. But, I liked yours, too. I hope to have quiet weekend next weekend.  :)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »
I've never heard of Farkle but it sure sounds like fun. I'll have to google it.

So happy to hear that the young man fit right in but I had a hunch you and your family wouldn't have had it any other way. Thanks for sharing the fun!

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 07:00:04 AM »
I'm late to the party.....but beautiful nails, SusieQ! So much fun.  :)
I'm happy to hear you had a nice Easter, & Styyna as well.   Also happy to report that my Easter was actually good! Holidays can be a bit dicey around here sometimes, but we had a pleasant dinner with extended family.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »
Yay for a good Easter, Lucy! By the sounds of it you hosted a big Easter dinner and it went well. Here's hoping the holiday spirit dwells in the hearts of your loved ones for the coming days and weeks!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 10:01:06 AM »
Yay for a good Easter, Lucy! By the sounds of it you hosted a big Easter dinner and it went well. Here's hoping the holiday spirit dwells in the hearts of your loved ones for the coming days and weeks!
Ditto, Lucy!!