News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: New beauty blog for women 40+ written by a woman 40+ "ABeautifulWhim"  (Read 879 times)

Janine

Hello,  I became very interested in cosmetics and beauty but I found most blogs were maintained by very young women so I was either constantly adapting techniques or not finding looks that were age appropriate.  I like glitter but I really can't wear glittery eye shadow to work.  I started a blog and I'm trying to touch on topics and makeup tips that women would be interested in who were 40+.  I would love for you to stop in and check it out.  Maintaining the blog is just a hobby for me and something I love to do and share with others.  I will post weekly and include nail designs, beauty tips, product reviews and tutorials.

http://Abeautifulwhim.com

My favorite article that I published is the one about the niche Paris perfume store.  I am perfume fan and I love to be able to share how you can get truly niche Paris perfumes and sample before you buy with a process that helps to match you to the right scents.  It's so exciting to me!  I really hope you enjoy!!

I would love to hear about ideas for topics as well. 

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: New beauty blog for women 40+ written by a woman 40+ "ABeautifulWhim"
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »
A  beautiful blog that I see has just recently started. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

I read about your experience with Nose and am tempted to try it out. Again, thanks for sharing. :)

Good luck with your blog!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

Janine

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
Thank you so much!  I absolutely loved visiting Nose and I couldn't believe how well they did in identifying something that I would just love.  I was very excited to bring home a perfume that I knew no one else would have.  The samples are quite inexpensive so it's a really good way to get something special and try before you buy. The perfumes were not overly expensive either.  I just thought it was a very interesting concept and great that people can try it on line. 

Janine

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »
I am running a nice Giveaway for April 2015.  Visit my blog for details.  You just need to subscribe and like me on Facebook and twitter. All the links are right there to make it easy.  The gift is a nice little collection of lip resurgence products from Tarte.  Super moisturizing, good color variety and help to eliminate appearance of fine lines.  Enjoy!

http://Abeautifulwhim.com