News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer  (Read 1599 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer
« on: May 27, 2015, 09:49:18 AM »
I haven't purchased much drugstore products in a long time and my Walgreen's ladies are feeling it.  I'm usually at Walgreen's since it's less than a block from work. I've been purchasing the usually stuff lately- facial napkins, cough drops, allergy pills, etc but no  makeup product. 

One of sweet sales girls  saw me last week and pulled me to the side and was wondering why she hasn't seen me in a while. We got to chatting and she sold me into getting something from Neutrogena. They were having a sale. I needed a body sunscreen and Lucy mentioned that she uses Neutrogena.

I've heard some good reviews on the skin enhancer.  It has retinol, SPF 20 and it's sheer.  I've been using it and I have to say that I do like it a lot. It is sheer but has decent coverage and best of all, it does not settle in my giant pores. It actually blurs them.  It's also oil free and I think it smells like fresh melons.  :lol:

Has anyone tried this product?  If not, next time they have a sale, you should give it a try. I like it for the summertime. It smells fresh, melons  :lol:, SPF, blurs pores and retinol. What's not to like?
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
Everything sounds good about that product, but the fragrance would be a deal-breaker for me, especially any kind of facial product. Best of luck!:)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:23:50 PM »
This sounds like something I'd like!  Would you say it's similar to a tinted moisturizer?
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »
Everything sounds good about that product, but the fragrance would be a deal-breaker for me, especially any kind of facial product. Best of luck!:)
The fragrance is the last ingredient so I'm really not sure why I smell melons.  :lol:  It may be due to some other ingredients on the list.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 12:08:54 PM »
This sounds like something I'd like!  Would you say it's similar to a tinted moisturizer?
It has more coverage but it's very light. But those that want full coverage may not like this one. It's part of their permanent line. You may want to wait until you have CVS bucks or they're on sale to try but I like that has retinol.  May not be much but it's the 11th ingredient so that's not too bad.  Many describe it as a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. 

I do love it the more I use it. I still love my LG's powder foundation but it's nice to a have a liquid foundation that is light and yet gives enough coverage to last all day. I think that I will use this during the summer and switch over to LG later in the autumn and to winter.

Let me know if decide to buy it and let me know how you like it.  My Walgreen's is good enough that they will take the product back with two weeks with a receipt but I don't think that I will return it since I do enjoy using the product and how nice my skin look.  :)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 06:10:03 AM »
I  like Neutrogena, the products I have tried are all good and reasonably priced, but we don't seem to have all the range here in the UK. Maybe they have different names (this happens sometimes) but I have not been able to find all the products that you mention in the shops here.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »
If the fragrance is the LAST ingredient that MIGHT help. Again, it sounds like a great product! Hoping I can graduate to something very light coverage like this after my skin tone evens out(I'm on PocketDerm anti-aging)in the next year or so. I know, it might take that long given my sunspots.:(

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 07:27:52 AM »
Milla, I looked up Neutrogena here and wrote to them to ask about their Healthy Skin Enhancer and its potential availability in London. They have forwarded my message to someone who knows more about what's available in London and I expect to hear from them any time. I'll let you know what I learn AND who I learn it from so you'll know who to contact if you have future questions about availibility of their products. :)

Edited to add:

And here's the response I received:

Thank you for your email regarding Neutrogena® Healthy Skin Enhancer.

In the United Kingdom, we market a wide range of products and certainly value suggestions from our consumers - such as yourself - as to how we might extend our range.  Please be assured that we regularly conduct research into our consumers' needs.

The product, Neutrogena┬« Healthy Skin Enhancer that you have enquired about is not currently available in the UK and we do not have any immediate plans for its introduction.  We do occasionally receive enquiries from consumers who are aware of products that are marketed by us in other countries.  Local markets cater for the range of products which are preferred by their consumers. In our UK research, we have not found that there would be sufficient demand for this product.

However, we'd like to thank you for your feedback which has been captured and passed to our Marketing department for their future consideration.

Please contact us again on 0808 238 6006 should you require any further information.

Yours sincerely

Johnson & Johnson Consumer Support Team

The email address that the response came from:  crc@its.jnj.com

So now you have both a telephone number and an email address to inquire about Neutrogena products.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:45:39 AM by Styyna »
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »
That is so nice of you Styyna, I never thought of contacting them!  I do like Neutrogena (at least what I have tried is good) and I would like to be able to purchase the full range. My daughter likes Neutrogena and she always asks me to bring over her favourite moisturiser when I visit them in Belgium. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to get the phone number.xx

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 08:53:34 PM »
If the fragrance is the LAST ingredient that MIGHT help. Again, it sounds like a great product! Hoping I can graduate to something very light coverage like this after my skin tone evens out(I'm on PocketDerm anti-aging)in the next year or so. I know, it might take that long given my sunspots.:(
It sounds like PocketDerm is really working for you, cara.  You can always return it if the fragrance is too much but I just don't know why I smell fresh melons. So weird but each time I put it on that's what I smell.  :lol:

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 05:28:32 PM »
@SusieQ: Fingers crossed about the PocketDerm, as I've only been on it for barely 2 and a half months. At least my skin isn't throwing fits as I've been taking it slow with adding this into my routine. I THINK my skin looks a teeny bit better(as I mentioned on my PocketDerm thread), but it's not the kind of improvement that's visible in photos just yet. You know that photos, especially digital photos, pick up Every.Single.Imperfection when it comes to skin. Like I say, it would be a real goal for me to be able to just wear a tinted moisturizer, or one of the newer BB or CC creams and be done with it. Or even more daring, NO foundation or other type of face makeup save for blush(I need that forever LOL), sheer lipstick and eye makeup - they'll have to pry the eye makeup out of my cold little hands LOL!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 09:05:30 PM »
LOL! Cara!! I know what you mean about eye makeup.  Now a day, I don't have any makeup on the weekends.  :)  Just my daily skincare and I am out the door! 

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
It's nearly a month since I purchased this and I am happy to report that I still love it.  I've used up 1/4 of the product and I was using LG foundation powder to set it but I needed something lighter.  So, I shopped my stash and found Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder. I haven't used this a while so I was really happy that I had it and worked well the skin enhancer.  So, well that I am almost done with this powder since I've also been using it since I purchased the skin enhnacer.   I think I need another one.  :)

JenniferJill

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »
milla, I know I'm late to this discussion but I really like Neutrogena for my skin care.  I am in the USA but however, I buy most all of my Neutrogena products on Ebay versus buying locally.  I get them cheaper and have a bigger selection.  You just have to watch the expiration dates sometimes.
  • Complexion: Fair, somewhat dry.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Silver/Brunette, Curly/Wavy, Dry
I am 51.