News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: skin care ingredients  (Read 5574 times)

silverstreak

• Silver Member
Re: skin care ingredients
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 11:54:30 AM »
I have never heard of it! tell me more...

Artemisia annua has been made into a medicinal drink by the Chinese as a cure all for decades and the best is to google as there are reams written about it.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »
@silverstreak: please tell more about this artemesia tea and why it takes a whole 5 years to do, and what it does. Does it improve skin, or is it a general, very slow-acting tonic that's beneficial for one's whole body?
Apologies, I missed this post. It takes 5 clear years to say I have beaten breast cancer, so far I am 2 years clear. I continue taking Artemisinin & iron tablets together with the artemesia annua tea for the whole period.
I drink the tea for 3 reasons
1st:  to back up the Artemisinin tablets I take twice a day
2nd: to keep stiffness at bay (my husband drinks this as well and his stiffness is now no more and it is lovely to see him move without pain.
3rd:  it helps me get my 8 hours sleep
silverstreak

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 11:56:11 AM »
Silverstreak,Congratulations on your all clear 2nd anniversary!!   Yes, I always read ingredients. I want to know that  there's good ingredients and a good amount of them. I also avoid certain ingredients as I'm still acne prone and oily even at age 55.

Thanks. Have you thought of using tea tree oil? Just Google "tea tree oil & jojoba oil as acne control?" well worth reading. Worked well for my daughter & granddaughter.
silverstreak

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »
I was just reading my last post and realized I've added a year to my age(I'm 54)...and I need no extra in that department.

Anne, I often use jojoba oil to do a deep oil cleanse,which helps. Tea tree hasn't done much,however. I appreciate the suggestions,though. I'm back on Retin A 3 times per week,so it's slowly improving. I wouldn't mind it helping the wrinkles,either!
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

HazingBeauty

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 03:40:14 AM »
To be honest, I don't look at the ingredients list. But I will start looking at the list, i.e if I remember.

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 08:47:06 AM »
I was just reading my last post and realized I've added a year to my age(I'm 54)...and I need no extra in that department.

Anne, I often use jojoba oil to do a deep oil cleanse,which helps. Tea tree hasn't done much,however. I appreciate the suggestions,though. I'm back on Retin A 3 times per week,so it's slowly improving. I wouldn't mind it helping the wrinkles,either!

Missed your post until now - apologies. When my kids suffered with acne I mixed 6 drops of tea tree oil with 1 mug of warm water, soaked a clean facecloth in it and quickly placed it on face and left on until the towel cooled and most of the liquid soaked into face. Give it a go. The other way was to apply a drop of tea tree oil on a clean cottonwool bud & apply to the acne. Make sure you use a clean bud for each spot.
silverstreak

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 02:36:06 AM »
Speaking about natural ingredients, has anyone tried apple cider vinegar as a toner? or herbal tea? (camomile and green tea).Any comments on this?

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »
I have started using a new serum for acne and/or clogged pores and so far so good. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and haven't had a new pimple since I started. It has some unusual ingredients such as lemongrass and manuka oils,but it was these and the many great reviews on Amazon that attracted me.It's called Professional  Anti -Acne and Pore Minimizer Serum by Pure Body Naturals(19.99 for 1 oz.). It also contains Evermat and Salicyclic Acid. I've only been  using it once a day instead of the twice recommended but I think I will step it up and see if it helps more with the clogged pores. Story to be continued.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 07:34:15 PM »
Speaking about natural ingredients, has anyone tried apple cider vinegar as a toner? or herbal tea? (camomile and green tea).Any comments on this?
Have tried any of these, milla. I think for me the apple cider may be too strong but the rest sounds good. I've using Paula's but I'm going to reorder since I wanted to try more of a rose toner and I found another rose toner to try and it arrived today. So, as Angel said, story to be continued.  :grin:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2016, 12:27:37 PM »
I tried organic apple cider vinegar diluted with water and I did not like it at all (despite all the positive reviews in MUA). Camomile tea is good; I like to soak a cotton wool ball with lukewarm camomile infusion and wash my eyes in the evening. Very good if you have sensitive eyes

Jennn

• Bronze Member
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 05:17:40 AM »
I always, always read the  ingredients list. I prefer to use natural products than this madе with chemicals.
Sometimes after I using  stronger chemical products my skin completely freak out. So I try to use organic products as far as possible. I added some basic natural cosmetics in my beauty routine.  I use argan oil for my scin and hair, lemon for my nails, rose water for my face.......