News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Ann Arbor, Michigan  (Read 705 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Ann Arbor, Michigan
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »
Ladies, DH has a business trip next month and wanted to know if I should go.   

Should I and what should I do in Ann Arbor?  Help me decide why I should visit Ann Arbor.  DH does not know anything about Ann Arbor, too.   Anyone near there and maybe we can do lunch or something?  :)

Uptate:  Since I don't know how to spell the city, maybe I should go.  :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:24:28 AM by SusieQ »
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Ann Arbor, Michigan
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:35:57 PM »
All I know about Ann Arbor is that many, many years ago my mother accompanied my father on a business trip there and enjoyed it immensely. But, of course, she always enjoyed going with him on his trips. She started a trend among the wives of the businessmen with whom my father associated. She was the first wife to regularly travel along and soon other wives wanted to do the same thing (this was back in the late 60s/early 70s). It didn't take long before the conferences that my father attended began to offer tours and other entertainment for the wives. But I, as usual, digress...

How long would you be gone? If for just a few days could you take a good book to have in case you find yourself at loose ends? Meanwhile, check out this site for more information about Ann Arbor.

If my DH was going on a trip and invited me along I'd go for sure!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
Alas, Ann Arbor is off the table.  :cry: 

Fear not, DH has to go to Boston and New York!  I'm tagging along for the New York trip. Sephora/Time Square here I come!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 07:21:13 AM »
NYC! When do you go? How long will you be there? Details, please. :)
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:39:41 AM »
No dates yet.   :)   DH said most than likely early August since school registration is around the 2nd week in August, I think.  But, more than likely, it will be for one week. I haven't had a vacation for over a year and I need one. I will post about the dates when I find out.  I need to see what's happening around that time in NY.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what to see and where to go?  It's been ages since I've been to NY...long time ago.  :D

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 03:39:34 PM »
I'm clueless about NY, living here in flyover land. That's why I can't wait to hear about your trip. Hopefully someone else will chime in with info.