News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: I need a foundation with more coverage, can you help me?  (Read 1618 times)

chataround

• Gold Member
I need a foundation with more coverage, can you help me?
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:26:53 PM »

I am very happy with the foundation color of my drug store brands (Revlon, etc) but I am finding that I want more coverage
for spider veins I have due to rosacea. Anyone use something that gives excellent coverage but doesn't look like a mask?
My skin type is normal to dry these days.

Thanks, girls!
  • Complexion: very fair, some slight rosacea
  • Eyes: hazel
  • Hair: slightly wavy, shoulder length, soft black
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
                   - Rosalind Russell

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: I need a foundation with more coverage, can you help me?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
Hi Chat,

Have you try just using, you probably have, concealer?  Maybelline makes a great one, if you want drugstore prices.  Or Kat Von D. I've heard great stuff about her foundation and concealer. From what I've read, she wanted something to conceal tattoes but without it looking cakey.   I'm sure you can get samples at Sephora if you have one near you.

Good luck!!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

mommylonglegs

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »
 Try the Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless. It has great coverage and amazing finish.

gilberte

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:24:10 PM »
I hear great things about the coverage of Estee Lauder Double Wear, and there is even DW Extra Coverage.   It's not drugstore though. 

loridori4

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 10:05:30 PM »
Valley Girl foundation by LA Minerals is great. They have a free sample kit so you can try it out and get a shade match. Online only

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 04:52:30 AM »
Hi,
I don't know if this video would help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwwrBCwKyQM
She uses  lots of products, but narrowing it down to the foundation and concealer, you might find what you are looking for. There are also some tips for applying the make-up and  I found it interesting watching the way she works.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 10:31:17 AM »
Hi Chat, not sure whether you found something yet or not. But, I was watching Makeupgeek last night and I've been meaning to try these, too, she has a segment calls what new every month and for July she mentioned Circa by Eva Mendes.  She said that the foundation has full coverage and she really likes it. She hasn't tested long but so far she really likes it. It's only $15. She purchased it at Walgreen's and I may stop by there today to check it out because I've meaning to see buy something from the line. The only down side is her color range. They are from light to mid tones only. If you have fair skin or darker, there are no color shades.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Teri WB

• I'm really loving these 40s!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 04:53:12 PM »
Not sure if any are still following this thread, but Makeup Forever has a great brand.  I also like Laura Mercier.  She has a moisturizing foundation I love.
  • Complexion: normal
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: brown
Teri B

Emily

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 01:24:30 AM »
i am using Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder. Its very good. You must give it a try.

Julie

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:23 PM »
Hi, if you are wanting more coverage I recommend trying out Kat Von D lock it foundation or the Laura mercier silk creme foundation. Both these are extremely pigmented and cover every imperfection you may have on your face.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »
I recently tried Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Lift and Firm Make-up (not sure if it sells by the same name in the US). I know that some people dismiss EA as old-fashioned, but they do v. good make-up and skin care. I asked for a sample and I must say that I really like it. It does give good coverage without being to cakey, which I detest. The only snag is that it comes in a jar...

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 11:23:30 AM »
Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer covers well.  There are lots of YouTube videos showing the application and coverage.  Not many color choices but if you find one that works, it's a great foundation.  The price is $27, higher than drugstore but cheap for a department store foundation.  You need the tiniest amount so a bottle will last a very long time.

angela001

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »
Nyx Invincible is the foundation with the most coverage I have ever tried.. It leaves a dewy finish on your face, I like that, it looks healthier..

Julie

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 11:50:40 AM »
Hey. I am currently using the smashbox studio skin 15 hour foundation. I feel this gives me really good coverage and also, if your going to any events or like taking pictures then this foundation is brilliant. The texture of the foundation is nice and creamy and blends into your skin really well.

Check the link out on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007SZ0BJU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007SZ0BJU&linkCode=am2&tag=zaapcosmeti08-20&linkId=b8a8b80b5e3f11ec1c3b6070be107ddc