News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Vitamin C + ferulic dupe by Timeless Beauty  (Read 1767 times)

gilberte

• Silver Member
Vitamin C + ferulic dupe by Timeless Beauty
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:23:27 AM »
I found out about this product on Hot and Flashy, the blog by Angie which several of us follow.  A link on her site will give you a $5 off discount, and I believe a bottle is about $25 so it's a good deal.  I've been using it for a month and like it, though of course I can't make any claims for the effectiveness yet.   Angie has a video or 2 about this and why she uses it, citing a recent study showing that Vitamin C applied to the skin under sunscreen makes the sunscreen 3 or 4 times more effective (please read Hot and Flashy to get the exact details as I can't remember).  I use it on the backs of my hands, face and neck once a day.  It's an oil but pretty quickly absorbed, doesn't smell, sting or stain clothing. 

I believe it is identical or nearly so to the Skinceuticals Vitamin C + Ferulic which sells for something like $162!! 

This is a case where I'm happy to use an affiliate link provided by a beauty blogger. 

silverstreak

• Silver Member
Re: Vitamin C + ferulic dupe by Timeless Beauty
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 05:49:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing. The price diff is quite substantial and well worth remembering!
As you know I love shea butter, it is in my Monsia products and I want to add this : day2dayjoys.com/2013/05/natural-shea-butter-sunscreen
I think I am going to try making this does anyone know whether substituting Vit E with Vit C will be OK? I might ask Kelly what she thinks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:31:24 AM by silverstreak »
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
I used this for a while and I think I posted something here, too. I've been using PC's Vit C Super Booster (2nd bottle) and it has ferulic acid but price point, Timeless Beauty is better.  I may have to buy another one to compare. It's been ages since I used the Timeless product. 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

gilberte

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »
I'm still really liking the Timeless Vit C + Ferulic; and think that this plus sunscreen and a big hat has kept the freckles to a minimum this summer.  I also understand that it takes a matter of months for benefits of this type of product to be seen so can't say much else, but just to say there are no ill effects and I find it lasts a long time.  I really appreciate the research Angie does on products and the discount code she gave for this.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 06:56:08 PM »
SkinActives(,com) makes a serum called Antioxidant Serum that contains C,E, Ferulic and many other good ingredients. It sells for 25.25 per ounce.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 09:32:23 AM »
I started using one of the Timeless Vitamin C products about 2-3 weeks ago - the Hyaluronic Serum with 5% Vitamin C. I thought I'd start with that one instead of the stronger one that is mentioned in this thread, and then work the stronger one in over time. So far it's wonderful, and the very first Vitamin C serum that I've been able to continue with because some other brands either irritated me or broke me out, or had exactly zero effect. Their prices are excellent, simple basic packaging which means they focus more on the ingredients than a pretty bottle etc. Anyhow, the milder Timeless product is very hydrating underneath moisturizer and sunblock.:)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
You've had some great successes with skin care products lately, Cara4art. You've been very careful and persistent to get to this point so it's well deserved.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

megandunn

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 04:20:34 AM »
Is vitamin C  good for dry skin?