News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Nia Shanks & minimalist fitness  (Read 495 times)

gilberte

• Silver Member
Nia Shanks & minimalist fitness
« on: July 15, 2015, 11:23:51 AM »
I've been following Nia for a while ... really like her.  She's in Tennessee, has podcasts, vids, ebooks and a blog on her brand of fitness.  She also shares experiences with depression, compulsive eating, the pressure to be fit image expectations on women, lots of other useful things.  Other than her ebooks, which are reasonably priced, and maybe her coaching services, she isn't selling anything and doesn't push supplements, clothes, that kind of thing.  She believes the simplest program is the best and I agree as I am one of the laziest folks around.  :-)   

And she was a champion power lifter ... so she knows her stuff.  She's thin and normal-looking but can lift the huge amounts.

Google Nia Shanks or Lift Like a Girl if you're interested. 

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Nia Shanks & minimalist fitness
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 09:24:24 AM »
Just checked in on Nia Shank's page - it ALREADY looks good.
What catches my eye already is why not to do "sugar detoxes" "30-day challenges" and the like. If one is eating properly to begin with, one doesn't HAVE to get into this kind of stuff. To me, it seems that dieting in general is more of a young woman's game. At our stage of life, it's more about finding an eating style that's sustainable and healthy for the long term, as well as doing healthy fitness stuff. But that doesn't have the same buzz "do this amazing CLEANSE" or "transform your body in 6 weeks" does it? Nothing worthwhile happens instantly. Anyhow, will be checking more of her stuff out.