News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: New Orchid in Bloom  (Read 980 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
New Orchid in Bloom
« on: August 15, 2015, 01:43:13 PM »
I purchased her from the farmer's market and she just reminds me of Hawaii!  Blue sky...crystal clear water..gentle breeze...and this orchid.. Ahhhhhhhhhh...relaxation at its best.  :meditate:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

SusanG

• Platinum Member
Re: New Orchid in Bloom
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:34:31 AM »
Such beautiful colouring!
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »
gorgeous!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 10:16:25 AM »
She's stunning, SusieQ. I can't believe you can buy such beautiful flowers at a farmer's market!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 09:28:47 PM »
The seller has really healthy plants. Trader Joe's has some good ones, too. My DH bought me one yesterday and it's really pretty. So, today, we went to a different TJ's and I purchased three of them.  I don't have the room but can't help myself. They are soo cheap, too.

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 06:31:48 AM »
Your collection is growing (ha!) by leaps and bounds, SusieQ! Let's see a picture of the whole thing!
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 06:52:13 PM »
I'm going to do that, Susan, real soon!  I'm going to do a video on my collections. I found more orchids are Trader Joe's and at an orchid nursery near my DH's work. He had to go in today for a little bit so we went to the nursery first and I ended up buying three more orchids. Yikes!

I had some troubles with spider mites and been working to take care of the orchids that got hit. There things are so evil. They can hatch thousands of them and can take over an over within a matter of days.  I think I was to find them and eradicate the lot. But, I am keeping an eye and keeping the growing area a bit more airy.

School started for my son and I've been working late so I find these nasty little eaters until they hit seven or eight of my orchids. I just need to be diligent and keep one eye on these babies all the time.  :wink:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 09:14:51 AM »
You've had your hands full with all of your orchids and getting your DS ready for school! I have every faith that you either already have or will eradicate the mites. Your babies are too precious to you and you give them wonderful care.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart