News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Succulent Planting Over the Weekend  (Read 1700 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Succulent Planting Over the Weekend
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »
Can't believe that I am so into gardening now. How crazy it that?  It takes a drought to get me into planting and decorating. Here some pictures that I took over the weekend and if interested I do have a video of my dead front yard and with succulents I've planted so far. Not done...just starting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOd9WYpu2fc

The last picture is my the first orchid in my care that is bud.  But, it's like watching paint dry and that's because I look at it everyday when I get home.  :yawn:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 11:48:22 PM by SusieQ »
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Succulent Planting Over the Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »
It all really looks great, SusieQ!  I love the planter.  Is the middle photo a gardenia?
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
Nice photos! Your efforts look great, SusieQ!
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:50:13 PM »
It all really looks great, SusieQ!  I love the planter.  Is the middle photo a gardenia?
Thank you, Lucy!  Yes, that a gardenia plant that I have in the back and been tending for over a month and been really good about giving me loads of flowers!  They smell so good. :flowers2:

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:51:46 PM »
Nice photos! Your efforts look great, SusieQ!
Thank you, Susan!  I ordered 100 succulent cuttings and will be planting them this weekend.  But, I am going thru an orchid withdrawal and may buy a couple this weekend. The rest of my orchids are keeping steady so we are in harmony for the time being.  :lol:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »
Great pictures! How did planting the succulents go? 100 plants seems like a lot of planting to me!

And how goes the orchid withdrawal? Did you get a "fix"? :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 09:51:28 PM »
Great pictures! How did planting the succulents go? 100 plants seems like a lot of planting to me!

And how goes the orchid withdrawal? Did you get a "fix"? :)
No, no orchids. I looked but all I saw where the Phals that you often see at stores and I wanted something different.  I finally finished planting my succulents...alll 100+ of them!  I will include photos this weekend.  They are all over the place and I hope they take root before winter hits.  :lol: We are supposed to get lots and lots of rain this winter. I'm just happy for the plants and the animals. The poor things.  :cry:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
I thought that I had seen that lots of rain was possible this winter. Isn't el nino supposed to be responsible for that? Whatever the reason, I'm sure you and millions of others will welcome a respite from the drought.

I'm still so impressed that you planted so many succulents! 100+ is a lot of plants to carefully tuck into soil. I can't wait to see pictures!
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »
Yes, we are waiting for El Nino this winter. And, yes, I will have pictures of the 100+ succulents but may be too many. :-)  I also planted daffodil bulbs. It's all about planting and more planting. :lol:

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 08:24:17 PM »
Here are a few pictures where I have planted the succulents while waiting for them to root and find a permanent home for them. The last on is a Tillandsia. Yes, I am getting into Tillandsias, too.  :lol:

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 03:19:26 AM »
How lovely! Everything looks so healthy. You have a nice variety, too. Thanks for sharing these, SusieQ!
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »
Love the variety, SusieQ. Given enough space, will they grow very large? I noticed you planted a lot of them in one pot but you also mentioned finding them permanent homes. Here in the upper midwest I'd have to grow succulents indoors but I love them.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »
How lovely! Everything looks so healthy. You have a nice variety, too. Thanks for sharing these, SusieQ!
I love that they don't take too much water.  :)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »
Love the variety, SusieQ. Given enough space, will they grow very large? I noticed you planted a lot of them in one pot but you also mentioned finding them permanent homes. Here in the upper midwest I'd have to grow succulents indoors but I love them.
Yes, the succulent will grow big and some will go out of hand if you don't prune them back.  I am waiting for them to root and then give them a larger space to grow.  Then, that's where the fun begins because you can place them anywhere. Use as centerpiece on a holiday or just decorate a section of your house for a time and then return them back to where you want them to grow. They will probably end up in my front and back yards.  :)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »
I have a south-facing window where I attempt to grow plants. I have one that is on its last legs and will need to be replaced soon so perhaps I'll put a succulent in there. I wonder, if I put one there for a while and wanted to move it to a less sunny location for a while, how long before I'd have to put it back in the sunny place? Hmm...I think I need to do some succulent research! Thanks for the impetus. :)