News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Poll

Itchy scalp is this an age thing??

Hair over 40 - head itchy
0 (0%)
Help with hair
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Hair  (Read 779 times)

clairemorley

Hair
« on: November 04, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
Hi all

I am 40 years of age, never had any problems with my hair but at present are having to wash my hair on a daily basis as my head is always itchy.  I am trying t gel but don't feel ive got any relief...

any help or anyone suffering anything similar ?

SusanJenkinson

Re: Hair
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 12:39:16 PM »
Hi all

I am 40 years of age, never had any problems with my hair but at present are having to wash my hair on a daily basis as my head is always itchy.  I am trying t gel but don't feel ive got any relief...

I've had this problem on and off my entire life. To this day I'm sad to say that I haven't found a way to solve this problem of mine. Everytime the air is dry and when it's cold outside, it gets worse. I know climate has something to do with it because every time I'm abroad or when it's really hot during summertime, I feel way better. No itching and I don't have to wash my hair every day. The itching part doesn't bother me as much anymore though. I guess I've gotten used to it. However I would like to solve the problem once and for all (without moving to a warmer place). Right now I'm trying out http://hairvitaminsonline.com/hair-growth-vitamins/. It's hair growth vitamins but they are supposed to work on itchy head also. Don't know how that's going to work out. I'm going to give some oils a shot too. I've tried coconut oil several times but it just doesn't do it for me. We'll see  :)

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 04:20:42 AM »
Have you tried cortisone lotion on your scalp? Or ketoconazol shampoo? There are two options I´d consider. I´ve had itchy head at some point, turned out I applied hair mousse so it reached the scalp and caused itching. I took a break from it and afterwards was careful to apply to the lengths only and that solved my problem.
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 09:41:47 AM »
Hi all

My friends told me about almond oil and pointed me to beautyheaven.com.au/hair/hair-treatments-masks/the-a-z-of-amazing-hair-oils
they all swear by it but as I don't suffer from dandruff but I do sometimes have an itchy scalp I have just been rubbing some jojoba oil on the itch. My husband uses it if he has an itchy scalp and it seems to stop the itch for us, hope it does for you too.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak