News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Faroese sweater  (Read 657 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Faroese sweater
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:27:50 AM »
My sister in law brought this yarn from the Faroe islands when she went there a while ago, to see a solar eclipse (she loves that sort of thing...)
 I am not sure I have got enough yarn to finish the sweater... and it is a long way to the Faroes!  :eek:

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Faroese sweater
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:07:29 AM »
Your sweater & needlework are so beautiful, Milla!  Yes, the Faroe islands would be quite a trip to pick up yarn.  :lol:  I admit, I had to look up the islands, & had a little geography lesson this morning.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 11:37:50 AM »
I agree, milla!  The sweater and your work is just beautiful!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »
Thanks! I found out that I can order this yarn on line, so I will be able to finish the sweater. Will post a photo when I finish it.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 10:17:11 PM »
Such exquisite work, Milla! I can't wait to see a picture of the finished sweater. Is this a Christmas gift?
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 04:57:29 AM »
No Styyna, it is for me. I managed to get the wool on line and I am on the second sleeve. Most of my friends and family don't like what they call 'rough' wool. This yarn is not rough at all, but I am sure some of them would complain because they can't stand anything that feels like natural wool. Fair enough. I just love this type of yarn. It is great to work and perfectly fine to wear if you just put it on over a vest, which is what I do in winter. I have knitted a lot of little gifts lately, and I have wanted to knit a 'guernsey' or 'gansy' type of sweater for a while. I am quite pleased with it so far, hope it is a good fit!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
Wow!  It sounds like you've been busy, milla. I do hope you show us some pictures of the ones you have completed.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
I'm so glad it's for you, Milla. After knitting for others you deserve something lovely for yourself. I can't wait to see the finished sweater.

I know what you mean about natural wool, too. I love it as long as it doesn't rub against my skin. My mother knit beautiful fair isle sweaters for me out of "rough wool" and I loved them with a t-shirt or other garment beneath them. That kind of wool has great stitch definition and good structure.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart