News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Skin care routines  (Read 4143 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Skin care routines
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »
I think that I am happy with my current skincare routine:

Toner - day and night: Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera

Day: After Toner
1. Niacinamide Vitamin B3 Cream Serum
2. Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
3. Paula's Choice Day Moisturizer with 50SPF

Night: After Toner
1. Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum
2. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil
3.Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Renewal Cream w/four drops of Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil

Facial mask at least 4-5 days a week.

:cry: Majority of the items are on the expensive side but gosh, after a week of this regiment, my face has been baby soft and I see some of my dark spots are getting lighter and a couple have already vanished.   I hate spending the money but it's just amazing how wonderful my skin feels each day. Makeup seems to look better and had many compliments from the young ones!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 07:29:09 AM »
Wow, this seems to be a lot different from the products you were using 6 or 8 months ago, isn't it? I'm glad you're so happy with your routine!

What facial mask(s) do you use?

I'm not familiar with Sunday Riley at all. Is that a HE line at department stores?

• Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »
Wow, this seems to be a lot different from the products you were using 6 or 8 months ago, isn't it? I'm glad you're so happy with your routine!

What facial mask(s) do you use?

I'm not familiar with Sunday Riley at all. Is that a HE line at department stores?
Yup..totally different from my last skincare routine.  And, I am loving this one.  I hope that it continues to be the One.  :lol:

Facial Masks:
I use many but the stand outs are:
1. Peter Thomas Roth: Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask;Pumpkin Enzyme Mask; Cucumber Gel Mask.  If you never tried his mask, i recommend them and here's nice kit to try all for a very reasonable price: http://www.sephora.com/mask-sampler-kit-P409063?skuId=1833110&icid2=products%20grid:p409063

2. Origin: Modern Friction™ Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion - highly recommend this one!

3. Farmacy: New Dawn Mask Medley - I love gel mask as they hug your face and so far these are the only ones that I've been able to find. The sheet masks tend to slid off your face but the gel ones stays on until you take them off no matter what you are doing. 

Various other ones but the ones above are my favorite and do recommend.

I'm sure that Sunday Riley is found everywhere but it looks like Sephora carries more products from this line: http://www.sephora.com/sunday-riley
I have not tried all the products from this line because they are so expensive. But, I tried their duo kit that included the blue night oil and the Good Genes and my skin loved both.  I don't want to try anything else because of the prices.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »
Thanks for the mask recommendations and the links, Susie. I bet your skin is smooth as silk!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

hairl3ss

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 05:57:31 AM »
I'm having trouble finding a good exfoliator. Everything I use seems to hurt my skin.

Any recommendations for very light exfoliators that still get the job done?

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 09:15:28 AM »
I know this is quite late,but you're welcome, silverstreak. Another toner tip: I always dampen my cotton pad with water and ring it out before applying toner to it;it really saves on toner use(works with micellar water,too).

Yet another such obvious tip, thank you again!
Incidentally, I had run out of toner over the X'mas, NY break but found some witchhazel and aloe vera juice in my "beauty" cupboard so I mixed 1:1 and it was great - SO CHEAP!
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak