News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: books about perfume  (Read 1430 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
books about perfume
« on: December 16, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »
I would like to buy a book about perfume for a friend of mine (she loves perfume). Can anyone recommend one? Thanks!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: books about perfume
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:34:30 AM »
Where is Makinalist when we need her? I'm just sure she would have a recommendation. Sadly, I've PM'd her many times with no response. I hope she's OK.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »
I hope Listy is ok too...I really miss her. Anyway, I found a book for my friend. It is called 'Perfumes: the A-Z guide', by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez.Got it from Amazon.  I met her today, (a drizzly , windy miserable day ) and we spent the day in London, went to the Courtaulds gallery, listened to a short talk about Turner, looked at some Impressionist paintings, had lunch in the gallery's cafĂ© and ended up in a pub for a late afternoon drink. On our way to the pub we even found a Roman bath, tucked away in an alley! My friend loved the book and  I can thoroughly recommend it, it is a nice reference book if you like perfume. 

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »
Where is Makinalist when we need her? I'm just sure she would have a recommendation. Sadly, I've PM'd her many times with no response. I hope she's OK.
me, too. I hope she is doing well.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
Milla, it sounds like you had just a lovely afternoon with your friend. I use to wear perfume a lot but I now have allergies and some  don't do anything but some just makes me teary and often makes it hard to breath for just a second or two.  :-[

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 12:38:01 PM »
Isn't that annoying? I know how you feel. I love eye-make up but I am scared of wearing it unless my trouble flares up again...

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 01:03:03 PM »
Isn't that annoying? I know how you feel. I love eye-make up but I am scared of wearing it unless my trouble flares up again...
I haven't had any issues with eye-makeup but then I never had any issues with perfume. So, it's probably just a matter of time....  :grin: