News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: KODI TV  (Read 1071 times)

BeautyBarbara

• Gold Member
KODI TV
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:43:46 PM »
I don't know if any of you have heard of KODI but my brother learned about it from a friend in Canada.  Turns out it was started by a guy who wanted to cut the cable cord.  I think there was a website called cordcutters or something like that.  Anyway it is a media player that you download depending on whether you have windows or apple and then you download repositories that have all the current movies that are out in the theater.  You can get any and all tv series whether HBO or showtime etc.  There are many videos on youtube with tutorials on how to set it up on your computer.  It's very easy to set up as I was able to follow along and do it on my computer.  Now for the best part!  IT"S ALL FREE!!!  There is a forum called TVaddons that supports all the workings around KODI.  All you need is an HDMI cord and you can stream from your computer to your TV.  My brother and his wife we're able to cut down on their cable bill by unsubscribing to some premium movie channels.
I've been enjoying Nurse Jackie, The Affair, Bates Motel, Gold Rush.  I've watched quite a few movies - Doctor Cabbie which I missed in the theater, FreeTown, The Martin, The Descendants, also any movies from the past that you enjoyed.    You can search by actor, genre, etc.
For example if you search movies with the key word of Hawaii  all movies related to Hawaii will come up.  It's quite fun!!!
Just google Kodi TV.
  • Complexion: Normal
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Brown

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: KODI TV
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »
 :grin:  I'm always the one that shy away from the word Free. I feel that there is something hidden and would not like the end result. For instance, I was trying to use picmonkeny to create a watermark and the website says Free for 30 days. I clicked on it and I have to provide them my credit card.  That's not free when I have to give them my credit card info.  :wink: But, that's just me.  I'm just a tad cautious.  Thank you for the info. Someone may be braver than me here.  :hidesbehindsofa:

Happy watching, Barbara!  :bliss:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves