News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Beginner Knitter needing help!  (Read 1063 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Beginner Knitter needing help!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 05:10:12 PM »
Phew! Your boy is safe and you have got power… now you can enjoy the knitting! Unfortunately I cannot see the pictures but I am sure it is a lovely hat.  If it is a bit on the big side, you can always felt it (provided it is wool not acrylic). I have felted a couple of hats and they turned out really nice.
I can't see the pictures either.  :rollseyes:  don't know what I've been doing wrong lately trying to upload photos.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Beginner Knitter needing help!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 05:26:11 AM »
What an accomplishment, ILuvLucy! Most people knit a simple scarf for their first knitted project. You have completed a hat which involved a lot of different knitting skills, not the least of which is magic loop. (I, too, cannot see the pictures and I'm honestly not sure why they aren't showing.)

I agree with Milla about possibly felting it if it's made of wool. Might as well go all out on learning new skills with this one hat. :)

Glad to hear that your mother's intuition was right and your DS was safe. Simply amazed at the amount of snow that you got. And maybe a little envious.  :D Now you can settle in and start something new. What will your next project be?
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart