News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Need a help with my hairstyle...  (Read 1211 times)

Alex45

Need a help with my hairstyle...
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:27:10 PM »
Hello, girls  :) At the current time I am searching a new interesting style for my hair. I'm blonde and my hair is really long so my daughter suggested me to do a similiar one to the 7th example from this link http://tophairstyles.net/best-strawberry-blonde-hair/7/ I like this example, the idea for colour but I'm not sure if it's OK in my age? I'm 45 and anxious that such hairstyles are for younger ladies...

What's your opinions? Maybe someone tried to create a similiar hairstyle?  :)
  • Eyes: Green
  • Hair: Blonde
You meet people twice (c)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Need a help with my hairstyle...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:20:19 PM »
If you love the color and style on you that's what matters. Notions of age-appropriate hair styles and colors are fading fast with good reason. If you love your hair you'll wear it with confidence and class and that matters as much as the color and style.

I say go for it. If you decide you don't like it after living with it for a while you have the length to change it and color can always be adjusted.

• Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:09:51 AM »
I agree with Styyna!  It's appears to be a subtle color in the photo.  It's pretty if you have the right skin tone for it.  Let us know if you go for it.  :)
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:27:57 AM »
I also agree with Styyna. At 45 you are a mere slip of a girl, anyway... :wink: If you think it suits your looks are your lifestyle go for it. Btw, thanks for sharing the link, lots of good ideas for hairstyles. I had a look at the other hairstyles for strawberry blondes and I also liked  #s11, 19, 22 and 49.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 11:23:02 AM »
Agreeing with everyone else here - wear what suits your features, type of hair, and overall look. No need to cave into all this dreary so-called "age-appropriate" stuff that's been thrown at mature women. Go for it!:)

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 01:47:34 PM »
Why on earth not?

Ask the hairdresser to adjust the hair colour to suit your skin tone (warm, cool, etc) and you´ll be fine.

And, if you do not enjoy it, after all.....you can easily change it, cannot you?
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.