News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: What was your last make up purchase?  (Read 4941 times)

anne

• Ageless Beauty
Re: What was your last make up purchase?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:21 AM »
I hadn´t bought any new make-up items in months. It is almost embarrassing! Now I ordered a Revlon LipButter in Raspberry Pie from USA (E**y). I am trying to duplicate the lip color they applied on me for TV. Both times I ended with very nice lip color. Is it fuchsia? Deep pink? It was different both times, but I really liked the result. Clear, deep, very flattering methinks. And LipButter is something that does not make my lips dry. They do not sell Revlon makeup in Finland, naturally not, sigh! It is very challenging to buy something you haven´t seen or tried on.
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »
What, no Revlon? Not sure if I want to go there, then :wink:
It is interesting the brands that you get in different countries. When I cross the Channel I always buy ROC products, because we cannot get them here (I am a bit funny about buying cosmetic on line!)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 09:08:24 AM »
I am trying to duplicate the lip color they applied on me for TV. Both times I ended with very nice lip color. Is it fuchsia? Deep pink? It was different both times, but I really liked the result. Clear, deep, very flattering methinks.

Yes, it was very flattering and I didn't pick up that they had done your makeup for you. Your pictures are always so gorgeous that I thought you had done your own makeup for this, too. On the other hand, I suppose that for television there are additional makeup considerations and that you probably appreciated having your makeup done.

I hope you are successful in finding similar colors that aren't too drying.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »
I recently purchased Garnier Micellar cleansing water.  Is that considered a makeup product when it actually takes the makeup off.  :lol:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »
I know what you mean. I have heard it is an excellent product and very good value for money. How do you like it?

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »
Maybe some Maybelline Age Rewind concealer? Theres not much I need. I have been on a nail polish buying spree and that is it.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 01:48:51 PM »
I know what you mean. I have heard it is an excellent product and very good value for money. How do you like it?
I would repurchase it again, milla.  There are two of them and I selected the one that takes off waterproof mascara.  I take two cotton square and saturate and hold them on my eyes for 30 seconds and poof the mascara and eye makeup off!  Then, I use the other sides for the rest of my face. 

The new shampoos are good, too.  :)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 09:03:19 AM »
I like micellar waters. Although I usually buy Bioderma, I have heard such good reviews of Garnier's that  I am going to give it a try (it is  cheaper than Bioderma's).
As for the shampoos, not sure if they have been yet released here...what are they called?

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 06:15:24 AM »
I have my first micellar water (Garnier) in my Amazon basket, ready to go when I place my next order. I trust everyone's recommendations here so it's a no-brainer.
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2016, 04:32:33 PM »
I like micellar waters. Although I usually buy Bioderma, I have heard such good reviews of Garnier's that  I am going to give it a try (it is  cheaper than Bioderma's).
As for the shampoos, not sure if they have been yet released here...what are they called?
I used up two bottles of the Bioderma and they were quite expensive so I stopped using them for a while until I found the one from Garnier.  Here's the link for the shampoos:

http://www.garnierusa.com/products/haircare-whole-blends.aspx

My favorite is the Honey Treasures. The coconut is not bad but love the honey treasures the best so far.  :)

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »
Although I really like Simple's Micellar Water, I'm going to try Garnier next as it's more economical.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 09:32:06 AM »
Although I really like Simple's Micellar Water, I'm going to try Garnier next as it's more economical.
I think that you will like the Garnier. They do have two kinds of Micellar water. One is for waterproof makeup.  :grin:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »
I just received the Garnier micellar water (not the one for waterproof makeup) and so far I like it but I haven't put it to a serious makeup test yet. I only removed some tinted moisturizer with it but it did a good job. It left a slightly sticky feeling after that I didn't like so I used a damp washcloth to get that off.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 02:09:40 PM »
I just received the Garnier micellar water (not the one for waterproof makeup) and so far I like it but I haven't put it to a serious makeup test yet. I only removed some tinted moisturizer with it but it did a good job. It left a slightly sticky feeling after that I didn't like so I used a damp washcloth to get that off.
I don't recall that the sticky feeling with the one I have - waterproof - but I do the double cleansing so after I take my makeup off, I jump in the shower. I'll take moment tonight to feel my face after I take my makeup.  It maybe slight oily because it has that two layers thing.  :grin:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »
I skipped the wet washcloth and found that after about a half hour the feeling of something leftover on my skin went away. My skin was also surprisingly smooth and soft still, even though I hadn't put my moisturizer on yet.