News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Yarn chicken  (Read 329 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Yarn chicken
« on: March 13, 2016, 07:20:42 AM »
I'm playing a game of "yarn chicken" with a shawlette that I'm knitting. I have 7 rows and the bind off left and not very much yarn! According to my scale and best calculations I have just enough to complete the project IF my tension remains consistent and IF I've correctly estimated how much the bind off will require. On the Ravelry forums there is a thread about this very thing and there are pics of projects that were finished with as little as 3/4" of yarn left. I certainly hope I don't come that close! Pics of the finished project coming once it's knitted, soaked, and blocked. Wish me luck!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Yarn chicken
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:15:06 PM »
Uh Ohhh!  How's it going? Did you finish?
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Yarn chicken
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:47:19 AM »
I'm a big chicken and have been busy so I've only gotten a couple rows done per day. I still have a few long rows and the bind off to go. Weighing the yarn after every 2 rows it still appears I will have just enough. I should finish in a day or 2 and will post my outcome at that time.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart