News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Spring!  (Read 847 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Spring!
« on: March 13, 2016, 07:27:34 AM »
I'm seeing signs of spring everywhere!

The ice on the lake/river in front of our house is nearly gone and the first tow with barges went through yesterday - a sure sign of spring in these parts.

A friend has iris and tulips poking their first green shoots up in her gardens.

The snow is all melted, even the giant piles created when plowing.

Our dog is in full shedding mode with giant clumps of fur coming out.

The temps have reached into the 60s on occasion so we've had windows open and fresh air in to replace the stale winter air.

The local seasonal restaurants are all announcing when they will open. One opened this weekend so we are going to breakfast as soon as the sun is up.

What signs of spring are you seeing in your area?  :clickingyourheels:
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Spring!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 09:06:06 AM »
The weather where we are is somewhat crazy. The daffodils in the front of my house have already come and died. The tulips in the back are poking out through the jungle. And, the rain continues.  It was wet all of last week and sunny this week. We are expecting more rain but the cherry blossoms in our neighborhood are at full force. I love that it's still light by the time I get home. I have more time to tend to the jungle garden.  :grin:

I do love spring! :cloudnine:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 11:53:45 AM »
It is Spring Solstice today! Great!

We still have lots and lots of snow, the lakes are covered in ice, no daffodils etc until Maay but the sunshine! It is lovely!

One of my cats is shedding, too. And they both want to peek outside + want me to open the window for them. They are 100% indoor cats BTW.

I have some chili plants inside, grown from seeds, that look forward to June and getting outside.
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 10:44:42 AM »
@SusieQ: are you in SF proper, or in the East Bay somewhere? I think on another thread you did mention where you were but I forget LOL! Anyhow, the "jungle garden" sounds great! DH and took a bus ride over to Fort Cronkhite/Rodeo Beach over in Marin. Such beautiful green in the hills that you know we haven't seen for a few years due to drought, heavenly herbal smells from the wild plants, and such beautiful wildflowers beginning now. This year is supposed to be a bumper crop of wildflowers in different places due to the recent good rains. Yes spring!:)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 10:22:08 AM »
Anne, I forget how very long your winters are. Surely your days are at least beginning to stretch out a little? I have a friend who should move to Finland. She doesn't like summer at all and mourns the end of winter. :)
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:51:39 AM »
@SusieQ: are you in SF proper, or in the East Bay somewhere? I think on another thread you did mention where you were but I forget LOL! Anyhow, the "jungle garden" sounds great! DH and took a bus ride over to Fort Cronkhite/Rodeo Beach over in Marin. Such beautiful green in the hills that you know we haven't seen for a few years due to drought, heavenly herbal smells from the wild plants, and such beautiful wildflowers beginning now. This year is supposed to be a bumper crop of wildflowers in different places due to the recent good rains. Yes spring!:)
HI Cara!  East Bay but I used to work in the SF financial district. I am now working out of Walnut Creek. It great seeing green mountains for a change.   :)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »
I took these pictures last month and the plants have more flowers now. Happy Spring, ladies!

BTW - these are growing in front of my house.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 10:24:08 AM »
We have got some lovely flowers...and a lot of weeds too, and I just can't face gardening just now. :(

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 10:39:29 AM »
The pictures of flowers in bloom are so welcome! Our trees are just beginning to leaf out and perennial greenery is starting to grow by leaps and bounds so blossoms can't be too far behind. About the only blooming plants we have in our yard are lilac bushes that are nearly fully leafed out. I can't wait for their sweet fragrance!

Milla, I hope you can soon return to your gardening but hope that you are patient with yourself until then.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 09:35:50 PM »
Love the yellow blooms, Milla!

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
The weeds are having a ball...I can hear them tittering..