News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Tatcha Skincare Line  (Read 2612 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Tatcha Skincare Line
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 05:32:54 AM »
Well, I'm intrigued by enzyme powder and ordered the travel size of Tatcha to try it. I looked at a couple of other similar products but one's ingredients weren't close enough to the recommended Tatcha and the other was equally expensive. I'll report back when I've had an opportunity to try it!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »
I do love the enzyme powder. I use my Clarisonic at night with the PTR rose liquid cleanser and I love using the enzyme in the morning. I can't wait to hear your result.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 11:12:58 AM »
Hi SusieQ, Do find the PTR cleanser moisturizing or is it a foamy cleanser?  And where do you buy Amore Pacific enzyme powder?  Thanks!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »
Hi SusieQ, Do find the PTR cleanser moisturizing or is it a foamy cleanser?  And where do you buy Amore Pacific enzyme powder?  Thanks!
Hi Denisiel,  both on PTR. Sephora carries AmorePacific and it's misleading because it's called Treatment Enzyme Peel. I can't remember the youtuber that got me started on this.  I find that AmorePacific doesn't make my face feel stripped after washing it off. When I use Tatcha's, my face feels squeaky clean...too squeaky clean.

I just ordered one from Sephora since the Tatcha sample size is almost gone.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
BareMinerals makes an affordable  powder cleanser that can also be used as a mask or spot treatment;I've actually bought it several times which is unusual for me unless it's my Skin Actives products.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
BareMinerals makes an affordable  powder cleanser that can also be used as a mask or spot treatment;I've actually bought it several times which is unusual for me unless it's my Skin Actives products.
Thank you, Angelcat. I will need to check that one out.  :)

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »
I was just browsing on Amazon and I saw several Japanese Camellia based oil cleansers that were much less expensive,for example:Dr Young's Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil 400 ml for $38.78.It had a 4.6 out of 5 rating. They had a number of enzyme cleansers as well. I'm going to try one soon as I loved the BareMinerals one,but again,these are much less expensive.

Cara, I noticed in my browsings they had an AHA cleanser by Beauty Without Cruelty. It was 8.4 ounces for $9.08. I thought you might want to check it out as I know you use one for light exfoliation.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »
@Angelcat47: Thanks, but I'm very happy with the AHA cleanser I've been using for years, the Aquaglycolic one that is about $17 for 6.4% oz. AquaGlycolic is a small line of AHA products including said cleanser, a face cream, a body lotion, and a body shampoo. I only use the cleanser as leave-on AHAs don't agree with my skin but an AHA cleanser left on for 10 minutes or so like a mask DOES, dispelling the myth that a "cleanser doesn't do anything since it's all washed down the drain." Since I'm on Rx now, I only use this every 10 days to 2 weeks, so I'm only now just getting to the bottom of a bottle that I've had for at least a year. Not taking the chance to switch given my skin's being finicky. Before I was on Rx I was using this every other day so it was being used up faster.