News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Dressing up  (Read 2038 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Dressing up
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »
I confess I'm not much of a blog reader so am not familiar with Advanced Style. It was fun to look at it. I loved most of the styles I saw. The one thing that caught me off guard was the use of extravagant sunglasses. Never in a million years could I imagine wearing some of them.  :eek:
But that's just my personal taste.

I loved the "Colour Walk" photos! They are so happy and alive.

I've been trying to slowing introduce new colors to my wardrobe. Recently I acquired tops in teal and jade - colors that I've seldom if ever worn and they make me feel great. I never would have tried them on except I came across a wonderful sales person at a department store who put me in a fitting room and brought me outfit after outfit. The items I picked out on the sales floor to try on were all rejects and nearly everything brought to me challenged my comfort zone and looked great. I can't remember when I've had so much fun shopping for clothing!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Dressing up
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »
No, I am not one for extravagant sun glasses either, and I can't wear big prints, but I find these ladies (and gentlemen!) so brave and so creative...I just love looking at their photos. I feel a lot more confident with colour, too. 'The' dress was a turning point for me. I am so glad you had fun shopping for clothes, Styyna, I had almost forgotten what it feels like getting really excited about a dress. It is great when you find someone who has intuition, taste and can create an instant rapport with a customer.